How many ounces does/did your two month old eat?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by alaskamom, Dec 6, 2006.

1. alaskamom

alaskamom Well-Known Member

JUst trying to see where eveyone was at....
    THANKS!

2. alaskamom

JUst trying to see where eveyone was at....
    THANKS!

3. dimples

dimples Well-Known Member

I breastfeed but I'm thinking that when they were two months old, they were eating between 3.5 and 4 oz. They're up to 5 oz now, though, at almost 3 months old. These are just estimates based on how much of a bottle they take when I'm gone, which hasn't been much. [​IMG]

4. Christine100700

Christine100700 Well-Known Member

When they got the occasional bottle at 2 months old they were at 4 oz's now at just over 3 months they are up to 5 oz and 6 oz.

5. cmbrower

cmbrower Well-Known Member

At two months my girls get a 4 oz bottle, but rarely finish it. They usually drink between 2-3.5 oz each feeding. They also only weigh about 10lbs and were born 6.5 weeks early.

6. Shoshana

Shoshana Well-Known Member

We're not quite 2 months yet but my boys drink between 4 and 5 ounces every three to four hours. They were full term and one is 11lbs and one is 9lbs.

7. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

My guys will be 9 weeks on Friday. We just went to the ped for their 2nd well baby visit, and they weigh 12 lb and 11 lb 11 oz. Both are eating 5-6 oz every 3-4 hours. They eat 6 times a day. We're actually using a can of the ready-to-use for each of them every day, and that's 32 oz in a can.

Hope that helps! Shannon

8. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

Hi...my b/g twins are up to 6oz each bottle and they are 9 weeks tomorrow! Max weighs 10lbs 5oz and Eowyn weighs 9lbs 6oz. They eat very well and are almost dropping that last bottle...so hopefully bedtime will start around 8 or 9pm very soon!

9. JINN

JINN Member

My girls are going to be 9 weeks this Saturday and they eat 5ozs every 3-4 hours. Born on due date but very small, 5lbs and 4lbs 7ozs, last checkup, 8lbs 1oz and 7lbs 12ozs.

10. i4get

i4get Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Kerry1976:
    Hi...my b/g twins are up to 6oz each bottle and they are 9 weeks tomorrow! Max weighs 10lbs 5oz and Eowyn weighs 9lbs 6oz. They eat very well and are almost dropping that last bottle...so hopefully bedtime will start around 8 or 9pm very soon!

Kerry: How often are you feeding them? Right now, we go 6a, 9a, 12p, 3p, 6p, 9p. I want to bump my guys up to 6oz, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Just curious what your schedule is like. Are they sleeping thru the night?

11. alaskamom

I want to know Kerry's schedule too!

12. Nicolette

Nicolette Well-Known Member

[​IMG]It seems like just yesturday I was asking the same thing!
    My girls took 4oz. at 2 months.......

13. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

At 2 months my boys were taking 6-7 oz every 3-4 hours except overnight, they slept (still do) 10p to 5a. They were 11 lbs 2 oz and 12 lbs even at 2 months + 1 week.