How many hours of sleep do your LOs get?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Sep 21, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

My LOs are just about 16 months.
    How many hours should they be sleeping at night and then again during their 1 nap a day?

TY!

ETA - they are in bed around 630ish and wake at 6. they then nap from 12-2ish.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It sounds like your twins are getting a good amount of sleep. My two usually sleep 12 hours a night and 2-3 hours during their nap.

3. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

We have a pretty consistent schedule (we put the boys to bed between 7:30-8pm and go get them at 7:30am) but they vary wildly in how much sleep they actually get. Sometimes they babble for up to an hour after we put them down (especially Nate), and sometimes they get up a bit early, though never usually before 7. Sometimes (like today) they sleep until 8am. So I guess I give my guys the *opportunity* to sleep 11-12 hours at night, but it varies daily on whether they take me up on it or not. ;)

They also nap from between 1.5-4.5 hours; Nate almost never more than 1.5 hours, and Jack has a "coma" about once a week where he sleeps over 4 hours.

Jack has always needed more sleep than Nate.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

at 16 months my girls usually got 11 - 12 hours at night & about 3 - 4 hours between two naps.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As long as they are waking up happy, and not grouchy, then they are probably fine. Every kid can be so very different in their sleep needs.

Mine go down around 9-9:15 at night, sleep until 9-9:15 in the morning, and if I'm lucky nap for 1.5 hrs in the afternoon. Sometimes that's enough sleep. Sometimes they are tired and grouchy. If they are grouchy for a few days they will suddenly sleep in until 10-10:30, or nap for 2.5-3 hrs, and get themselves back on track.

6. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

Mine get between 10-12 hours a night and take 2 naps totalling up to 4 hours.

7. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

The average (for nighttime and naps combined) is 14 hrs a day from 6 months to 24 months of age.
    My LOs at that age were still taking 2 naps, napping a total of about 3 hrs a day and sleeping 11.5-12 hrs at night.
    Right now they sleep from about 7:30-7:30 and take one 2-3 hr nap after lunch.

8. EricaM

EricaM Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure how they nap at daycare... but...

Weekends they sleep 7:30/8sih until 7/7:30, and then nap for 2-2.5 hours during the day.

So that falls almost exactly into the aforementioned 14 hours a day.

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Mine take a 2 hour nap a day and go to bed anywhere between 6pm and 7pm (depending on how they are feeling--normally it is 7 but when sick, 6) and wake up around 630/7am.

10. ronee75

ronee75 Well-Known Member

that's about the age we went from 2 naps to 1 a day...they sleep about 11-12hrs a night and take one nap a day for about 1.5-2hrs...i also have one that is a better sleeper than the other, so she will generally take a little longer of a nap...

11. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

15 hours...they are 17 months.

12 hours at night and 1 3 hour nap in the middle of the day!

12. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

We dropped to 1 nap around that time. Bedtime then was 6:30 and they got up at 6. Nap was about 1 1/2 hrs, maybe 2 on a really good day.

13. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

My girls sleep 13 hours a night (7pm-8pm) and nap for at least 2 hours a day (normally 3). This is either between two naps or a long one if I make them stay awake longer in the morning if we have playdates or something.

14. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

My two go to bed at 7:30pm, wake usually right before 7am, and then are down for a nap from 1-3 usually. They sleep probably 1 1/2 hour of that time as they are playing and horsing around!

15. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

Man that would be great! My kids get about 10-11 at night and maybe 2 during the day. I wish they woud sleep more!