How many hours do your 4 yr olds sleep?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Feb 5, 2012.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My twins just turned 4. They r on very early bedtimes right now as we transitioned out of naps about 5 months ago and they were so grumpy that I needed to put them to bed at 630pm!
    But that is not working anymore, ds I am sure is part rooster as he always wakes at around 5am! But dd doesn't wake until 630am, and she really need that extra 1.5hrs of sleep. So looks like my dd needs about 11.5-12 hrs of sleep. While dd needs only about 10.5hrs of sleep. They r both in separate rooms.
    Not sure how to get them both waking up at 630am, not sure how to let ds stay up longer but not dd any advice?

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

How about putting your DD in bed first, and doing the whole bedtime ritual in her room with both of them (stories, cuddles, whatever you do). Then tuck her in and take DS to his room where he can do some quiet play or read for an hour before he gets tucked in? So your daughter would go to bed at 7 and your son at 8... meaning they'd both hopefully wake up at 6:30am.

For what it's worth, my girls usually sleep for about 11 hours. They're in bed by 7, asleep by 7:30, and wake around 6:30am.

1 person likes this.
  3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Roughly 8:00 to 7:00 here, a little longer on the weekends, a little less if we need to get up early.

4. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

Dropped naps 2 month ago, bedtime 7:30-7:45 asleep before 8pm, up in the morning 7-7:30am. So they sleep about 11hrs at night.

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We're at 11-11.5 hours here.

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Alice has been doing the 5 a.m. wake up lately, so she's sleeping from 8-5, no naps. 9 hours? Royce is still around 10 hours, he takes forever to fall asleep, sometimes he's asleep after me, and I go to bed between 9 & 10, and he's waking up at 6:45.

I fully expect Alice to come downstairs in the next few minutes, it's 5 am now.

7. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

My kids sleep around 11-12 hours a day, and that includes a 1-2 hour nap during the day.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are hit or miss nappers any more, so I won't even count that towards their sleep total. They usually go anywhere from 10-12 hours of sleep a night. And if they happen to nap, my DD will nap for an hour and DS from anywhere to 1.5 hours to 3...depending on what was going on that day.

9. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

We dropped naps on their 3rd birthday and they turned 4 a month ago. A few weeks ago we were having probelms with one waking the other in the morning (they were in the same room) so I turned their playroom into another bedroom.

They both go to bed at 8:00 and are usually asleep within minutes. It flip flops because right now my one DS sleeps about 11 - 11 1/2 and my other sleeps around 12 hours.

10. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

No nap days: 8-6:30 (during the week) 8-8:00 (weekends)

Nap days: 1-3:00 and then they usually don't fall asleep until 9:30 and wake up at 6:30

So somewhere between 10-12 hours.