How many bottles/ounces of formula do you give at 12 months

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Prairiegirl, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Prairiegirl

Prairiegirl Active Member

Hi all --

I think my babes are getting too much formula...could anyone tell me what theire feeding schedule looks like at 12 months? I am not introducing whole milk b/c I have trouble with digestion myself, so we're continuing with a follow up formula.

Thanks!!

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

My pedi said 16-20 ounces of milk, but I think it would be the same for formula at that point. Their bulk of nutrition should come from food.

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Mine are getting about 18 oz. of cow's milk/formula combo right now....plus three good-sized meals a day.

4. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

At 12 months our ped recommended 16-24 oz of milk (we switched to whole milk at one year, I don't know if that requirement would be different for formula). Also by 12 months the kids were eating three meals (table-food) and one snack in the afternoon.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(Babies4Susan @ Jun 3 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]807504[/snapback]
    My pedi said 16-20 ounces of milk, but I think it would be the same for formula at that point. Their bulk of nutrition should come from food.

Same here.

6. pattymartin

pattymartin Well-Known Member

My kids aren't there yet but I was just at the ped's office and was asking about how much formual they should have and she said by 1 year they should have about 16 ounces a day.

7. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

I offer mine 24oz. of cows milk a day and they probably drink between 18 and 21. They always leave an oz. or 2. We also eat 3 meals a day of both baby food and tabel food. We are struggling with self feeding though.

Good Luck!

8. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

Our ped said 19 oz a day so they get three bottles of Whole milk a day besides the three meals and snacks. The ped said they don't need more than that because they are getting dairy from the other foods they eat, cheese, yogurt, and so on.

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 12 months mine were off bottle and drinking milk, about 14 oz a day to start. Before we switched to milk they were drinking 16 oz of formula, that was 4 bottles a day.

10. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

mine have 3 bottles a day, DD takes 17 oz total and DS 20 oz

sandra

11. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

My DS gets 4 bottles of 6 oz a day. I am not quite to a year yet but... My DD is still nursing so I can't count oz.

12. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

Both were taking about 20-24 oz of Next Step and Milk until this tues. I took their morning bottle away and offer sippy only. Now they have two bottles and whatever they take from the sippy. I think with all the food they get plenty of milk... :)

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

At 12 months we were doing 2 bottles and one sippy of formula per day. Total was about 20oz. Our pedi said 16-24oz of formula or milk per day so they eat their food (most nutrition should now come from solid food). GL!