How long was YOUR hospital stay

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kumphort, May 8, 2009.

1. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Just trying to get an idea of how long YOU stayed in the hospital?
    What method of delivery did you have?
    Did you get to stay longer than the standard 2 nites with a vaginal because of twins? or were there other complications etc?

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I had a cesarean and my stay was 2 days 1 night. I wanted to leave right away because the nursing staff treated me terribly and my doctor was very respectful of my wishes. she said that I would heal better at home anyway.

3. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I delivered vaginally, uncomplicated, though my babies were 31wks5dys and went immediately to the NICU. I gave birth on June 16 and was discharged on June 18. I would have been discharged on June 17, but they let me stay an extra day. I think I could have stayed more days possibly, but I had no reason to since I was allowed to stay in the NICU with my babies. GL!

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I was in the hospital for 4 weeks leading up to my emergency c-section at 28 weeks. After the girls were born I went home 4 days later.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had a c/s at 3pm on Tuesday and was out of there by 9am Friday. :good: No complications.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I had a c-section and I stayed three days, they would have let me go home after two, but my insurance allowed three, so I stayed an extra day. I had no complications as well.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a c-section on a Wednesday was home on a Sunday. No problems, no worries :)

8. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

2 days, vaginal. No extra time for twins.

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had my boys on a Thursday at 1pm, c section, and was discharged at 11 am on Monday. I would stay as long as possible! LOL! My friend just had a c/s(2nd baby) and went home after 4 days. I am having a repeat c/s this go around, and debating staying 4 days or 5. Oh-and I had no complications either.

10. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

I was admitted at 10pm on Thursday. The boys arrived at (vaginal birth) 1:24am and 2:15am on Saturday and we all went home on Monday morning after circumcision.

Jenn

11. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I delivered Vaginally. Had the last baby wed night at 7:02. Doc saw my Thursday morning and said I was fabulous and she'd let me go home then or I could stay one more night (since insurance allows 2 with vaginal deliveries) and she knew the babies would be there till Fri. I stayed till Friday morning and we all left together :) so we were NOT even there 48 hours!

12. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

2 nights, vaginal. The cut-off time is midnight, so if you deliver before midnight, you're first night starts right away. I was lucky, I delivered my first at 6.26 am and the twins at 10.32 and 10.36 am so I got more than 48 hours both times.

13. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I gave birth vaginally at 430 a.m. Saturday and left Sunday evening around 7. My insurance only covered a 48 hour stay for any kind of vaginal birth so I would have had to leave at 430 a.m. Monday and it seemed silly to go home in the middle of the night. I did have some post op bleeding complications and required a blood transfusion and would have liked to stay another night but the hospital couldn't get it authorized so I left.

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a c/s on a Tuesday evening at 5:00, and was discharged Friday morning.

For my oldest DD I had a vag. delivery on a Wed. morning and was released Friday morning. I guess I like getting out of the hospital on Fridays. :lol:

15. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

My insurance doesn't differentiate btw twin and singleton births so I am covered for 3 nights with the boys which is what I was allowed with my prior two. As long as the boys can leave with me ,I plan to leave as soon as our doctors will release us. I hate being in the hospital.

16. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

i had a c section on Monday and was discharged Thursady afternoon.

Kenneth and Ian are 19 days old

17. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I had the babies on Sunday morning and left at midnight on Thursday night. So, I got four nights and then until the end of the day. The twins were delivered by c-section.

18. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I stayed 5 nights postpartum from a C-Section but I was also there 2 weeks in Antepartum due to pre-eclampsia. I still had pre-e after their birth and needed to remain on Magnesium Sulfate for 24 more hours after the surgery.

19. debid

debid Well-Known Member

C-section, 5 days after their birth so 6 days in total since I labored there for more than 24 hours. There were no complications and my twins were full-term and healthy. My doctor would have released me on day 4 but we'd already called the insurance company and asked how long I could stay. I had zero family around and DH had an all-day exam the day I was to be released so I asked to not be released until the last paid day.

20. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

C-section and I stayed 3 nights. They would have let me stay one more night but I was not having that!!

21. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

i was in the hospital for 4 days before delivery due to pre-E. And then I was in the hospital for 4 days after due to still having high blood pressure.

i delivered by c/s