How long to reach 10 lbs?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Aurie, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I am trying to prep for dipes. We are going to use cloth dipes. I already ordered and recieved what we need for most of the 1st year (I assume). They are medium sized for 10-22lbs.

I didn't buy any smalls, because I didn't want to put that much money into them if they are only at that weight at home for a month.

How long did it take for your twins to reach 10lbs once they were home? What was their starting weight when you got them home?

I do not want to count NICU time (if they spend time there), because the hospital will supply dipes then, correct? I meant disposible dipes supplied by NICU. [​IMG]

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My girls were born at 37 weeks, 2 days. They were 6.5 and 6.1 at birth and only a few ounces less than that when we took them home 5 days later. No NICU time for us. They were formula fed and made it up to around 10 pounds at 2 months.

3. KeriBrack

KeriBrack Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the hospital supplying cloth diapers in the NICU. I know that they supply disposable. my twins were very early, and my DS weighed 5 lbs, when he came home. I think it all depends on how much they weigh when they are borm. When they will hit 10 lbs.

Good Luck!
    Keri

4. Shannon123

Shannon123 Well-Known Member

My DS was 4lb12oz at birth (34weeks and 3days) and at our two month checkup he was 11.4lbs and my DD was 4lb14oz at birth and is now 10.2lbs at her two month checkup. They are both formula fed

5. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

around 6 weeks my boys weighed 10 lbs. THey were 6.6 and 7.7 at birth and are formula fed

6. Kateyes2022

Kateyes2022 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the baby. My ds weighed 5.9 when he was born and weighed 5.3 when we brought him home from the hospital. At his two month check up he weighed over 13 pounds and at his 4 month check up he weighed over 18 pounds (95 percentile). My dd weighed 6.12 at birth and 6.10 when we brought her home for the hospital. At her 2 month check up she weighed a little over 11 pounds and at her 4 month check up she weighed over 14 pounds.

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

my girls weighted 4lbs 9 oz and 2lbs 13oz they were 10 lbs at 3 months and 5 months.

8. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

As you can see in my siggy, mine were already 11 and 12 at 2 months, but they were born close to 8, so I guess it took them 6-7 weeks to get to 10 pounds.

9. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Thanks all! It is looking like 2 months is about average. I just started out with 10 pounders with my other three. So I was just having a hard time getting the small dipes. I am going to do some calculations and see which would be cheaper vs time. Thanks again.

10. Christine100700

Christine100700 Well-Known Member

My boys were born 5 lb 13 and 5 lbs 12.5 but left the hospital at 5 lbs. They were 8 lbs at 2 months and finally made it to 11 at 4 months...however between 4 months and 5 1/2 months one made it to 16 1/2 lbs and the other 15.5 so they just grew slower at the beginning.

11. sagertwins

sagertwins Well-Known Member

my girls where 3 and 4 months when they hit 10 lbs caitlyn is just now hiting 10 1/2 at 4 months

12. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

Mine were 4lbs 5.5 oz and 4lbs 14oz when born, and at their 2month 2 week check up they were 9 lbs 10oz and 10lbs 2oz.