How long did your kids use a swing set?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by 2XBlessed+1Angel, Mar 4, 2008.

1. 2XBlessed+1Angel

2XBlessed+1Angel Well-Known Member

My boys are 27 months and we are just starting the research into swing sets. Do we buy the less $$ ones that will only last until age 10 max. and have smaller weight limits or the larger, more $$ ones that will last forever and even adults could use it.

We won't move so that isn't a problem and we have the space for either.

I realize the boys will be active in other things at a later age but do your kids use a swing set (fort/rock wall/twisty slide,etc) at all anymore or do they prettymuch give it up at a certain age?

And, if they did give it up, at what age?

Thanks for your help!

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My 7 year old still uses ours. :)

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We have had ours since the boys were 1, and whenever we are outside, they are on it--they are 5 1/2

4. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

We took ours down last spring. My boys were 12. We had a nice wooden playset that we got when B&C were one. We moved it one time from Ohio to TN. :D I would say they played on it until they were about 10 or 11.

5. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

We took ours down 2 years ago when the girls were 8. NOT, because they didn't play on it anymore, but because it was actually the same swingset we got for my older two when they were 3 and 5 !!! So, needless to say our 14 year old swingset was pretty rusted out and most of the pieces were gone! I'd put the $$$ out for a nice one that'll last you for a long while especially since you don't plan on moving.

6. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

My boys are 5 & they play on it every day with their 8 year old cousin. It is a wooden one with monkey bars & a slide.

7. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Mine are almost 6 and they love it. They have the option to swing, slide, be in the fort, or use the sandbox underneath. In the summer, it gets used in some form everyday. The neighbor kids use it to.

8. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

My brother and his wife just took theirs down to build a "fort"(-read small house) for their boys and they are just 8 and 11

9. Amy R.

Amy R. Well-Known Member

My 6yo uses ours constantly. And the 14 and 15 year olds still go on the swings every now and again. We have gotton a lot of use out of ours, and it's still in ok shape.

I'd spend the money and get a good one that won't fall apart.

10. Sandsam

Sandsam Well-Known Member

My 10 yo dd still loves our Rainbow.

11. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

Mine are younger (4 years old) and they got a swingset for their birthday. They use it every chance they get.