How long did LO's sleep in bouncy seats before transitioning to cribs?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Krissa72, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Krissa72

Krissa72 Active Member

My LO's are 2 1/2 months and still sleeping only in the bouncy seats - have reflux - Dr was fine with it but said to start to try to move to cribs. We have crib wedges, but still have not made the move. How long did yours sleep in bouncy seats?
    (seats are cradle in comfort by boppy, so very comfy and not too upright at all)
    Thanks!

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

My boys were almost four months before they started sleeping well in their cribs with the crib wedges.

3. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

Mine moved out of car seats (I didn't have two bouncy seats) at 10 weeks for night time and started sleeping in their own cribs in the nursery. They didn't start napping in the cribs 100% until 5 months or so (when they started twisting out of the seats).

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

About 3 months. We had reflux too.

5. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

We didn't have reflux so they slept in the cribs at night from about 3-4 weeks, but for naps they slept better in bouncies for a while. I think we made the transition to cribs for all naps at about 4 months. The first two days were rough with shorter naps, but after a few days they were happy sleeping in the cribs. Honestly, I think they were getting too restless to stay confined in the bouncies by that point so they seemed happy to stretch out and roll around!

6. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

i WISHED my girls would sleep in a bouncy or a swing or anything but my bed and occasionally their bed during the first year. one had silent reflux and one had active reflux and we tried all of that, but they wouldn't have ANY of it. we bought a wedge for the crib but never even put it in place. they either slept in our arms with their tummies against our tummy, or in my bed with their head elevated by the crook of my arm.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We went cold turkey into the crib at 4 months and onto inclined sleep positioners for the transition.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine were in bouncy seats until about 3.5-4 months. They slept much better that way! We finally transitioned to cribs when they were getting so wiggly that we were afraid they'd manage to fall out of the seats (though we actually kept using them when someone had a really stuffy nose until they were over 6 months!). We kept swaddling Amy in her crib until about 5 months -- we unswaddled Sarah at 3.5 months because she didn't seem to need it anymore.