How long can you leave them alone in a room before they start crying?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by koozie, Mar 6, 2007.

1. koozie

koozie Well-Known Member

In the past, mine could last 30 minutes alone, under an activity center. Now that they are 6 months old, they can barely last 30 seconds alone, even if I am literally leaving to get a new bib, washcloth, or ---heaven forbid--- go to the bathroom. It seems the older they get, the less they can stay alone, even if they have stuff to play with. Anyone else have this problem? It makes me CRAZY.
    thanks
    Kathleen

2. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Mine have to see me at all times. In fact James won't sleep at night unless he knows where I am! [​IMG]

3. kristie75

kristie75 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Not long, I have to explain that mommy's going for a second and I'm right here and I'm coming back! I'm very popular with my babies apparently.

4. boogerkw

boogerkw Well-Known Member

We made the spare room into a play room, now the girl's crawl in there and spend about an hour in there playing with their toys.

5. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My guy will cry as soon as I leave the room but about 3 min or so after I leave he usually stops and plays. But if I come back in the room or walk by where he sees me he starts crying again.

6. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Completely depends on their mood...which often corresponds with the time of day! Sometimes they play nicely and sometimes they absolutely refuse to be left alone in a room without an adult with them.

7. koozie

koozie Well-Known Member

PHEW! I am not the only one. thanks !
    Kathleen