How do you sleep?

Discussion in 'General' started by becasquared, Nov 9, 2012.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How do you sleep? On your side, stomach, hanging from the ceiling? How many pillows, blankets, extra children do you sleep with?

Also, what is your favorite type of cheese? Except you Rollergiraffe, I already know your answer. "None."

I sleep with a medium weight down comforter, on my side, one pillow, with the blanket all the way up to my chin, with one foot out of the bottom the blanket (temperature regulation.) I've been having some problems lately with my shoulders especially, and now when I sleep I either almost pop my shoulder out of socket, or they end up being so scrunched up they're almost level with my ears. Any suggestions for that?

Also, favorite cheese is swiss.

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I prefer to sleep on my stomach. However since my last c section, my stomach is so flabby that it feels gross. (sorry for the tmi LOL!) PLUS Easton is so spoiled rotten that he wants to sleep with me so I end up on my left side most nights. This is going to sound über crazy but when I was a kid, I heard that if you sleep on your right side, it will crush your heart and you will die SO ever since I have this huge problem sleeping on my right side LOL!! ( yes I know that the heart is on the left side, it was a kid thing LOL) I heard lots of crazy things but that one stuck LOL!!! Oh and there may still be a monster under my bed, so the are nights that I still cautiously check LOL! I like lots of pillows - I have down pillows and one water pillow. I also love my comforter, oh another crazy, I have to have my feet covered all night, I guess in case I missed the monster hiding under the bed LOL!

My shoulder gets all out of wack too, so I am not so sure what to do. The only time I did not have that issue is when we had a water bed (We got rid of it when I got stuck in it while pregnant, which was terrible at the time. Now I would just go with it LOL) We added a really soft memory foam pad to our bed and it is not nearly as bad.

About the cheese, my favorite is that melted white cheese at the Mexican restaurant. (l know, I know you guys are all impressed that I know the name of it LOL!)

1 person likes this.
  3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Ew, swiss? Really? I don't have a favorite. I will eat any cheese but swiss is pretty far down my list, weirdo.

We have a queen size bed and I sleep with just a sheet and medium weight comforter. I usually have one leg tangled with Paul (I cannot snuggle) and one leg out of the covers. Only one pillow for me, although I usually end up off of it. Also, I sleep in every position imaginable. Prekids, I slept only on my stomach but the growth in the boobage region has made that less comfortable and I now toss and turn.

I rarely wake in the night. As soon as I close my eyes I am asleep and I don't wake until something external forces me to (alarm, kids, Paul). I'm a cranky woman when I wake.

4. becasquared

Queso Blanco? (Literal translation is white cheese)

:lol:

2 people like this.
  5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Bex, you are so good to me!

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Right now, it's on the couch, co sleeping, a small blanket for me. Usually I would prefer in my queen bed, on my side with our king comforter, snuggling with my dog (he sleeps between me and DH)

Favorite cheese: sharp cheddar

7. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I sleep weird. I have my bed against the wall and like to sleep on my left side facing the wall. I can't sleep on my right side. The layout of my room though can't support laying on the left facing the wall (it's 7x11 and any other bed placement would block the door or closet - I could use the other room but I refuse to sleep below the master bedroom...ewww) so right off the bat most nights I end up sleeping with my head at the foot of the bed. When I make up the bed I do it "right" but it never lasts.

I have a double bed. On the mattress I have a cotton fitted sheet and a velux blanket which I usually sleep on top of. On me I have 1 or 2 ancient flannel sheets (the white ones with the coloured stripes at the top - mom got them for her shower in 1972 and I've gotten others from grandma or at thrift stores - I don't like new flannel) and a comforter and sometimes another heavy blanet. The top sheets have to be loose.

I use 3 pillows mostly, all very firm but thick. I also have 2 square throw pillows to fill in holes.

I sleep alone and use the whole bed. If someone wants to move into the bed on a permanent basis, he's going to have to find his own bed. I shared tight quarters for 42 weeks once, I'm not doing it again.

I don't like cheese.

1 person likes this.
  8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like this Swiss gruyere cheese (is that how it's spelled?) that I've only found at Albertsons....on a cracker, with fig spread. Yum!

I sleep flat on my back and must have 3 pillows. 2 for under my head and one for under my arms, on my chest. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's sort of coffin-like.

9. becasquared

Are there any Canadians that do like cheese? :rotflmbo:

10. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like poutine cheese curds and cheeseburgers but to eat cheese for cheese sake, no. Besides, I may be lactose intolerant.

11. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I am a preferred belly sleeper, but now that there's a child in it, I sleep on my side.

I like MUNSTER cheese!!!!!!

12. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

You could try a water pillow. DH works for a chiropractor and they both swear by them. Before meeting him, I used a memory foam pillow and still had a lot of neck problems.

I sleep on my side with a blanket and comforter. Used to LOVE to sleep on my stomach but after the twins were born, I'm no longer able to do it. If I do, my lower back will go into spasms and I can hardly roll over.

My favorite cheese is a tie between sharp chedder & asiago.

13. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

i sleep on my stomach. and have 4 pillows. one under my head, one on my head, one on either side of me. i'm totally swaddled in lol

14. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I sleep on my stomach or on my back with a pillow over my head :).

I like any kind of cheese but my favorite is Mozzarella.

15. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm Canadian and I LOVE cheese!! All of it. Everything is better with cheese. :wub:

I'll answer the rest when I get on my computer. It's too long to type on my phone. ;)

16. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Im Canadian I love cheese. My favourite cheese is double gloucester whoops actually I am English living in Canada for 22 years maybe that doesn't count

King size bed heavy quilt left side some nights little munchkin snuggled under my left arm oh and freezing cold, window open, fan going

1 person likes this.
  17. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am a side sleeper. I don't know how anyone can sleep on their backs/stomachs. Lol.

As for cheese-I love sharp, sharp cheese. Yum! There are some great cheeses my mil brings back from Italy. The kind that crumble they are so sharp. Yum!!!

18. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Haha, I don't know how anyone can sleep on their side - trust me it was a PAIN for me to sleep on my side while pregnant with twins- thank God for my U shaped pregnancy pillow.

19. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I mostly sleep on my right side and sometimes my back. Never could sleep on my stomach, it's so uncomfortable to me! My boobs get in the way! I'm a one pillow kinda girl. My husband is a sleep-cuddler so a lot of times I wake up in the middle of the night with him suction cupped to me.

I can't decide between provolone & mozzarella.

20. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that doesn't get the connection between sleep positions and type of cheese??? Am I missing something? :unknw:

I sleep on my side or back, and usually have a kid in bed with me. Before kids (and nursing), I slept mostly on my tummy. We have a King size bed, and if I'm alone, I usually do end up back on my tummy and I can manage to take up the whole bed. :bubble:

My favorite cheeses are mozzarella and cheddar.

21. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

This thread is making me laugh.

I am a side sleeper, mostly my left side. But my bed is lousy and I herniated a disk years ago so if I stay on my side too long I end up in major pain. So sometimes I force myself to sleep on my back. I have 4 pillows... 1 under my head, one I wrap my arms around, one tucked kind of under my back when I'm on my side and one between my knees or under my knees if I'm on my back. And if I wake up in too much pain, I'll go out and sleep in the recliner.

I like lots of cheese, but don't like swiss unless it's cooked in something. Dill Havarti is my absolute favorite!

22. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I am not a good sleeper, but when I do sleep, it's on my stomach, usually hugging a pillow in some configuration. I can't recall a single instance in my life when I have slept on my back. Ever. I need it to be cool in the room, but as I get older this is less true. I have a lightweight duvet and a blanket in the winter. I have to wear pyjama pants, stretchy yoga pant type ones, and a t-shirt. The room also has to be relatively tidy with no food smells. It must be dark. I must have white noise. I must have the door open if I need to hear the kids, closed if I don't. No one must look at me or touch me while I am sleeping or it's not happening.

No sleep and no cheese makes the Rollergiraffe a weird and cranky girl.

23. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

on either side or my back - had to give up stomach sleeping at puberty (got big boobs quickly!!!) just a comforter - no sheet (too tangled) and the room on the cool side...I sleep with CPAP for apnea and I sleep on 2 pillows...

as for cheese I'm like a freakin mouse - the only thing I don't like is stinky cheese (like Limburgher) and I'm not a really big blue cheese fan but I'll eat it sometimes if its mixed into something.

24. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Side mostly. I like to sleep on my tummy but it kills my lower back. Must have the dog curled up with me too, especially when it's cold. Lou is gone so much but I always have her for body heat! :D

I do not eat cheese. The horror, a girl from Wisconsin! :rofl:

25. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

It's very deep psychoanalysis. I think you may just have failed. ;)

1 person likes this.
  26. becasquared

hahaaa, I am so not deep. I'm craving cheese and sleep.

Stephanie, it's odd, and totally genetic, but Alice's favorite cheeses are swiss and cream cheese. And she loves the laughing cow cheeses, she'll totally eat like 4 wedges if I would let her.

27. threebecamefive

Oh man, really?! I'm sad now. :cry: I never "get" these things! ;)

28. threebecamefive

I'm craving sleep in a serious way right now. You're either freak'n hilarious, or my sleep deprivation is affecting me in weird ways. I almost spit my soda out laughing at the bolded. :rotflmbo:

1 person likes this.
  29. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to love sleeping on my stomach, until I rolled my mom's car. Now my back kills me if I sleep on my stomach, to the point where I can't get out of bed.

So, I sleep on either side (flip flopping), and when my back starts to ache I roll onto my back. Sounds counter intuitive I know, but it works. I also ADORE my sleep number bed, and live on painkillers when we go on vacation and don't have my bed. We're going to buy a sleep number bed for our camper next year.

We keep our house very cool (62 year round), with fans running in every room. I use 1 pillow, and have a sheet, blanket and comforter on the bed. I still usually end up with my foot/leg hanging out for temperature regulation. :lol:

As for cheese, I'm no afficianado (no clue how to spell that), so I couldn't tell you what my fav is ;) I do enjoy the blends, like mexican blend and such for making just about everything!

30. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

This is almost me. I have to have a pillow under my head, one under my arm pit. I also have arm/shoulder problems. I have to have a pillow under my side and sometimes one between my knees. I keep getting muscle spasms on my back that then cause arm muscle spasms. It is scary and hurts. I hate the arm twitches I get the whole next day after a bad one.

I like my room cool to cold. I sleep in my birthday suit most often with my favorite soft furry blanket that I do not share

31. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have a king sized bed that we are usually sharing with one or two 4 year olds at any given time of the night. I sleep on my side/stomach with one pillow under my head and one I am hugging. We keep our room cold to sleep and like to snuggle under a sheet, soft blanket and a comforter. Oh boy....I am sleepy all the sudden! LOL

I love CREAM CHEESE!!! and now I am hungry too.

32. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Apparently if you eat cheese before bed, you are more likely to have nightmares - I don't know if it's true or not but whenever I lie on my back, I ALWAYS have nightmares. I mainly sleep on my left side because that's how I got used to sleeping when I was pregnant - for some odd reason, my belly likes to overhang that way LOL! - tummy tuck one day! I have three pillows - one memory foam which I love as it's great for my neck but I too am finding it hard these days to get a comfortable position with my shoulder - maybe it's an age thing? sorry Bex, don't mean to imply that you're getting old or anything Lol! - one of my pillows I always put between my knees -my knees are knobbly and they dig into me if I don't use a pillow - I cannot sleep without something between my knees!. And now for my biggest secret!!!!: I sleep with a teddy, I don't know how but I was single for a long time and it kept me company and now I can't sleep without it - DH makes fun of it (not of me LOL!) .. And I have two medium weight doonas (that's what us crazy aussies call quilts) and a throw over me - I am covered from toes to chin and sometimes I even sleep under the covers.. So yup without all these comfortable things, I do not sleep well.

Oh and my favourite cheese is Brie

33. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself ;) some of us are normal... Second thought you're right lol!

I have two beds, a queen at my parents as it won't fit in my room at my house so I have a double there. In the queen i use a top sheet and a king doona , in the double I can't use a top sheet as it feels to clostraphobic (weird i know) and a queen doona. I always have the door shut, the window open and fan on. I like the room being cold.

Until I had surgery 8 weeks ago I used to sleep on my stomach but I was left with an incision the size of a c section and it hurts to much that i am forced to lay on my back which I HATE! I am forcing myself to try and push through the pain to lay on my side.

How long those who had c sections did it take you to be able to lay on your stomach again??

I don't eat cheese often as I am not a huge fan, so often I am even drawing blanks on types of cheese lol. Maybe feta?

34. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I am a side sleeper and sometimes sleep on my back. I have been having bad back problems and I thought we needed a new bed. I just added another pillow that I put between my knees and that has made a difference with my back. I am hoping to hold off on a new bed for awhile longer.

As far as cheese, I love swiss and colby-jack. Now I am off to add cheese to whatever we decide to have for dinner.

35. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I sleep on my side right now. I am a total tummy sleeper but I still fill up with milk over night so that's a no go for a while longer. So for the time being, I sleep hugging one pillow (or a baby) and have a body pillow across the head board for extra head cushioning. If I can get the twins to really STTN, I'll put a quilt back on the bed. I have a fan running year-round because I'm a really light sleeper and DH will wake me up all night long if I don't have the white noise.

Parmesan is my favorite - I put it on most everything. Mozzarella is a close 2nd.