how do you get diaper cream out of clothes?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Zigcanada, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

Hi - My daughter got diaper cream all over my new shirt, and I really want to clean it. Any suggestions on how to get this out of the fabric?

Thanks!

Loleen

2. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

I would try Oxy Clean. That usually works well here at getting most stains off of clothes. I don't know if they still sell it but we also used to use Carbona (sold in the supermarket) that was very good at getting stains out. But, it had a very strong odor.

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest Oxy Clean as well. You could also try soaking it before putting it in the wash.

4. Zigcanada

Zigcanada Well-Known Member

Great - thanks for your help!

5. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

Hey Zigcanada what do you think of all this snow?? Anyway I lost an entire tub of Penaten once and I used Shout and rinsed it out before I washed and and it worked OK. I had to wash it in the machine twice but it did come out, and the fabric was OK.

6. JackieBlimke

JackieBlimke Well-Known Member

I know all about this!! DD once got an entire tub of Penaten cream all over her brand new Barbie bedding and herself...what I di was cover the spots in babypowder and let it sit over night..then brush of the babypowder and put dish soap on the spot and use a toothbrush and scrub the spot..then wash as normal...it will come out good as new!! The baby powder soaks up the greasy cream and the dish soap is made fro grease....good luck

7. sanders77

sanders77 New Member

I have a similar problem except my one year old got penaten cream all over our new carpet. Any suggestions for that??