how can i choose a rat cage?

Discussion in 'General' started by alirarl, Feb 7, 2021.

1. alirarl

alirarl Well-Known Member

how can i choose a rat cage?

2. salavap

salavap Well-Known Member

The cage should be multi-storey: rats are very mobile and active. The distance between the floors is at least 15-20 cm (more is better). The rat loves to pose while standing on its hind legs.

3. alirarl

alirarl Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I also heard that the cage should be spacious! Rats are very active animals, they love to run, jump, play and perform various tricks. However, they need free space not only for interesting leisure, but also for proper development. In a cramped cage, rats are stressed and often get sick.

4. lianot

lianot Well-Known Member

Any recommendation for keeping rats always starts with a cage for the rat. And here the first problems of the newly-made rat-breeder begin. What size cage is needed, with what distance between the rods, where to buy, where can you find a good cheaper cage? For example, I have two rats and I bought an excellent for two rats cage. The dimensions of the cage for one rat should be at least 60 × 50 × 60 cm. By the way, if you have several rats, the best choice would be a spacious ferret cage or squirrels.