hot flashes/chills...worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jenanne, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm a little concerned about my night last night. I woke up around 2:00 for one of my regular bathroom visits and I had intense chills, to the point where all my muscles including my belly were contracting/convulsing vigorously, it was weird. Especially since I live in San Diego where the temp hasn't fallen below 68 at night. They went away in about 5 minutes once I warmed up in bed. But then the whole night long if I had more than a sheet on I was burning up and when I threw them off I was shivering again. It reminded me of the hot flashes I have before I get my period (thus the scare). Is this normal?? I have an OB appt Monday afternoon but didn't know if I should wait to call the doctor.
    Thank you,
    Jen

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I would call your ob...you might have a UTI. :hug99:

3. jenanne

I forgot to mention I didn't have a fever.....

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How are you feeling today? I would call the OB office.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(jenanne @ Aug 26 2007, 01:32 PM) [snapback]380788[/snapback]
    I forgot to mention I didn't have a fever.....

Well, it could just be hormones, but it could still be a UTI. Those UTI's can be sneaky sometimes...I would still call.

6. jenanne

I feel pretty normal today....but thanks for your tip to call. I will!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had the same thing happen to me in mid- July and it turned out that I had an UTI. Definitely have the doc check it out. Good luck!

8. pgwithtwins

pgwithtwins Well-Known Member

I would defintely call but I also wanted to say that I too ran really cold in the beginning...not sure why...maybe hormones. So it could just be you. I was surprised to feel that way because I Remember being so hot my first pg. Anyway...the hot flashes and night sweating is here now so I am no longer running so cold. Just make sure there is not something else going on. Hope you feel better soon!