Hospital stay, PTL and bedrest

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tamaralynn, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I went into PTL on thursday morning, and was admitted to the hospital. We had an appointment for an U/S, the growth scan, the boys are doing great. Nathaniel is around 1.57lbs and William is about 1.4lbs. Now back to the PTL. I went into labour at about 8:30 am they finally were able to stop the contractions at 5:30 pm that day. I was given the bethameasone shots, as I am only 24 weeks. I am1.5cm dialated and 60% effaced at this time. I am on Adalate ( I think that is how it is spelt) until the boys are born, and the goal at this time is 32 weeks. I have NST's every 2 weeks now as well as Doc appointment. I have a 21 month old, so this strict bedrest, only get up to pee is going to be hard. I'll keep everyone updated.

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Oh boy! You have a lot going on! :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry you are having to be on strict bedrest, but it will be soooo helpful in reaching your goal :hug:

Keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling!!

3. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

Wow... sorry you are on strict bed rest. But the boys look like they are doing good. Be well!!

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Momma!! It was almost 2 years ago to the day that I was 24 weeks pregnant and admitted on hospital bedrest with PTL! I am so glad that you got the betamethasone shots!! I strongly believe those made all the difference in the world for the development of my girls lungs. I know its hard, but I can promise you that it is beyond worth it! Keep up the good work Momma!! :hug:

5. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

:hug: I am so glad they stopped the contractions. Good Luck and I will be thinking of you. :hug:

6. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are in good hands and wishing you several more weeks of rest and growth for the boys!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that. I am really glad you got the steroid shots though, they will help. :good: I truly believe it helped my two. Please keep in mind, if you go early, there are many of us on TS, that have had preemies and they are doing amazingly well now.:)

8. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're stuck on strict bedrest too, it stinks! I'm glad they were able to stop the contractions. Hopefully you're able to get lots of help!

9. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your scare. Yes it will be hard with a young child at home but you can do it!! Just do not do anything to jeopardize it. From what I hear, 24 weeks is that start where your babies have a survival rate. But each week you can keep them in, will be a huge milestone. Good Luck!!

10. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

Wow...glad you/they caught it in time to stop it. Good luck on bedrest, you can do it!

11. garden2009

garden2009 Well-Known Member

Hi. I am so glad they were able to stop the PTL! that is great news. I cannot imagine how difficult being on strict bedrest must be with a toddler at home. Good luck to you. I hope you have family near by that can help you. Will be thinking of you!

12. twinletmommy

twinletmommy Well-Known Member

Dear Slipper,

Hoping for the best for you and your precious babies.

TM