Hormones and Emotions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by shrimpsey, Apr 6, 2010.

1. shrimpsey

shrimpsey Member

Has anyone else had a hard time with emotions during the pregnancy. I mean, I know we all get a little more emotional and moody when pregnant, but I have been finding it WAY worse with twins then with my singleton pregnancies. I am just SO up and down and all over the place, its awful. Crying, then laughing, mad then happy. Is this normal, or will things balance out a little, my poor DH, lol. I would say its extreemly worse then with my singleton pregnancies.

Also, I am getting nervous about the whole having 4 kids under 5 in less then 6 months, and sometimes when I think of it, it is very overwhelming, or maybe that is just also the hormones, IDK, lol. Sometimes I feel so excited and can't wait, and other times I am scared $hitless thinking OMG how am I going to do this.

I was thinking of asking the Dr on Thursday about the emotional thing, because I am really up and down, I just don't feel like myself at all.

Thanks for listening.

2. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

I can't offer much in the way of advice but just to let you know that I feel exactly the same! :grouphug:
    I will soon have 4 children and am also scared s*#tless!!!!!!!! :escape:
    My emotions wern't too bad until the last month but that was probably because I was too busy.
    Thinking of you.

3. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

My emotions have been all over the place. I cry for everything. And then I get annoyed that I'm wasting my precious time left before my life changes by crying. Im too tired to do anything, but then I cry that I'm not doing enough. Its awful. I do see a therapist that helps. But the hormonal emotional roller coaster is intense!!!

4. Idttwinboys22310

Idttwinboys22310 Active Member

My husband says it's a whole different ballgame being pregu with two. I was complete nuts the whole time there was seriously days I think he was hiding from me b/c of all the up & down emotions. I think the only time I was happy was when we where going to a doctors appointment b/c I knew I'd get to "see" my babies but by the time we left I was crabby all over again. Good luck Ive never been that emotional my whole life