High protein low carb snack ideas

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof6, Jul 24, 2010.

1. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I had my OB appointment on Friday and despite eating very well this pregnancy I have put on too much weight. I have put on 29 pounds in 17 weeks. I started at 119 and 5'3". The Dr. said it is a little much and to cut out high carb (which I didn't think I was doing) and cut out juice and go to skim milk. I don't eat a lot of calories, when I kept track for several days it was about 1700. We have a dessert night once a week and maybe eat out 1 or 2 times a month. I need help with high protein snacks that will be low in carbs. I am almost paranoid to eat now even when I am hungry. Speaking of hungry I need a snack... any ideas? :)

2. doreydo

doreydo Active Member

Humus and carrots?

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

nuts and cheese are what to mind first. Smoothies with protein powder or flax seed and plain yogurt.

4. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

1 c cottage cheese with a small can of mandarin oranges or pineapples or even some chopped tomatoes. Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cheese sticks made with skin milk. Fiber 1 or Kashi berry crunch cereal w/ 1 c skim milk. Eggs served anyway. I like boiled egg whites for a quick, easy late night snack. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Also egg "sandwiches" with scrambled or poached eggs on an English muffin (very low carbs) makes for a great before bed snack. I can easily down about 4-5 boiled egg whites so that ups the protein without being as filling as an egg sandwich. Celery sticks with all natural almond butter, greek yogurt.