Hiccups - Do you feel both babies hiccup?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Netty, May 12, 2007.

1. Netty

Netty Well-Known Member

For some reason, I only feel one of my babies hiccups....the other one probably hiccups, I just don't feel them.
    What about your babies???

Netty

2. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

You know, I felt my singleton hiccup all the time, but with this pregnancy, I felt one baby -- I think Baby A, who is vertex -- hiccup for the first time just a few days ago. And, it hasn't happened again, with either baby.....I wonder why that is?

3. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

what does that feel like?

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yes! I felt both babies hiccup, Emma had the hiccups alllll the time, Jacob not so much. There were several times that they both had them at the same time, and could see my stomach moving in two different places from the hiccups! My older kids loved to feel them!

They feel like a rythmic beating, you will know it when they get them. It's different than a normal movement feeling.

5. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

awwww! can't wait to feel stuff! (right now i THINK i feel stuff, but it ends up just being gas bubbles hehe)

6. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

This morning while laying down, I felt a rythmic beat where baby A is located. Almost felt like a steady heartbeat, is this hiccups? The feeling was kind of strange as I've not felt this before..

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Mine didn't hiccup very often. They both did and one more than the other, but I never felt them hiccup very much.

8. ExpectingTwins 7-31-07

ExpectingTwins 7-31-07 Well-Known Member

I only feel baby A all of the time. I think it could be the way they are laying.

9. New Mom

New Mom Well-Known Member

I could feel my DD when she had the hiccups but I couldn't tell when my DS had them. I am sure he did, but I couldn't tell. She still to this day gets them a lot more than he does.

10. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(Denise&Twins @ May 12 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]252997[/snapback]
    This morning while laying down, I felt a rythmic beat where baby A is located. Almost felt like a steady heartbeat, is this hiccups? The feeling was kind of strange as I've not felt this before..

YES!! That's it! So neat, isn't it?!!

11. KindredSpirits

KindredSpirits Well-Known Member

I have felt Tristan hiccup quite a bit. I've felt Aidan also, but not as much, probably b/c of his position. In general I feel Tristan's movements more anyway. As they are getting bigger, I'm feeling them more, and it's pretty cool!!

12. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

Thank you Becky5!

Now I know what to look out for next time :)