Hi Newbie here

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Shelleyyale, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Shelleyyale

Shelleyyale New Member

Hi there Im new here.
    Im Shelley im 16 weeks pregnant with ID twin boys (found out today) but also found out that they are early stages of TTTS. Got to have another scan at a diff hospital thurs to check this. One twin has more fluid and is much bigger than the other. Im so worried now :(

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Hey, Shelley! Congrats on your twins and welcome to Twinstuff!

I'm sure you are completely overwhelmed right now, and that's totally understandable. My first piece of advice is to stop googling (as I'm sure that's how you found us) and go visit tttsfoundation.org. On that website you will find a list of questions to take to your appointment Thursday. There's a lot of scary information on the web and not all of it will be relevant for you yet, so please don't worry too much yet.

There are many moms on here who experienced TTTS who can offer you some words of wisdom. I also have a friend locally who had a procedure done at CHOPS after her twins were diagnosed and I would be more than happy to put you two in touch if you end up going that route (no saying that you will at this point!).

In the meantime, get some Ensure protein shakes and drink 'em up- they're shown to really help! Rest, rest as much as you can. And, always, come talk to us. We are all here to support our fellow twin moms.

Congrats again!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Shelley! :welcome: to Twinstuff! Congrats on your boys!!

4. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

Hi Shelley,

welcome to TS! Glad you found your way here so fast. I don't have experience with TTTS but i do know what is like to be afraid for your children.
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
    ~Amy

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS!!! I completely agree with Stephanie (ECUBitzy) about stay off google and go to the foundation website. I dont have any experience with TTTS but there are a lot of women on here that do! Feel free to bombard us with questions! !!

Congratulations on your twins!

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Hi Shelley, I am glad you decided to join the group, it's Tamara by the way just in case you think I am some crazy stalker person. The ladies here are great and as I mentioned some know what you are going through.

8. Jacksonjack

Jacksonjack New Member

[SIZE=10pt]Hi I'm new here. I love to make discussion with peoples and found this forum ever best. I want to say thanks to the admin. for accepting me here.[/SIZE]