hi I'm new :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by yummyk123, Jan 26, 2015.

1. yummyk123

yummyk123 New Member

Hi
    I'm new :) I had my scan on the 20th Jan and fount out were expecting twins which was a huge shock but now it's sinked in a little I'm really excited I'm due on the 27th of July 2015 both babies are in their own sacks and have their own plecentas.

The only thing is the hospital told me I'm expecting twins and practically got told we will see you at 16 weeks for a scan.. nothing else so I'm not sure what to expect.

This isn't my first pregnancy I have two girls and a boy ages 8, 7 & 2

(Sorry for blabbering on.) X

2. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Congratulations
    :welcome:  

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!!  Congratulations on expecting twins!
    If I remember correctly I went in for a comfirmation scan, to see if I was carrying more than one (my HCG levels were high on my blood test at 5 weeks) didnt see heartbeats at that point so went in again at 8 weeks to verify heartbeats and then I didnt go in again until 16 weeks for another scan.  That doesnt seem off if you dont have any previous issues/concerns. 

4. yummyk123

yummyk123 New Member

I had a scan and was 13w 1d.two strong heart beats both jumping around.

I have had a previous baby with spina bifida Myelomeningocele so usually I have about 5 ultrasound scan's x

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Welcome!     I had scans once a month until about 32ish weeks, then every two weeks until 36 weeks, every week until 38, then twice a week until I delivered at 40 weeks.  Good luck!

6. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!
    :welcome: to TS!
    I went for a scan at 8-9 weeks, which was the scan that told us we were having twins.  After that I had scans monthly.  Also towards the end when I would have to go for non stress tests, baby A usually was not moving strong enough, so I'd wind up having a scan after a non stress test too.

8. lharrison1

I remember having lots of scans for various reasons but none between 8-16 weeks.  Keep us posted on how things are going!!

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS!!

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

11. yummyk123

yummyk123 New Member

Thanks everyone :)
    I usually have a scan at 12, 16, 20, 26 + 32 with having large baby's 9 lb 12.5oz, 10 lbs 4 oz, 8 lbs 6.5oz
    I just thought it wasn't good how I got told twins and nothing else.. got all these leaflets for the single pregnancy's yet nothing on twins I feel huge already at 14w 3D.. I feel really out of my comfort zone I'm the kid of person who likes reading up and preparing.. just feel like I had the shock of my life and then waved out the door x

12. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a similar experience with the doctor... That's why I came here. Read through and ask anything you like of us.

13. lharrison1

We are here for you!!!  Finding out you are carrying two is shocking news and can be scary-especially when it's really hard to find anyone in your personal life that has any experience, that's why this community was a godsend for me!!
    Ask away, we're here to support you!