Help with names for twin girls

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kyle'smommy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Kyle'smommy

Kyle'smommy Member

I have a son named Kyle.Do you think it is ok to name my twin girls Brooke and Kiera? Do I change Kiera so that she and Kyle are not the only K's leaving Brooke out. I like other K names ,but don't want KKK.

Thanks for your help

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I think it would be weird to change mid twin set. I don't think many are going to pick up on the kkk thing. I'd either go with both the same letter or totally other letters not including k

3. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

I say go with what you love and don't worry about what other will think or say (becasue no matter what, they will always find SOMETHING to say!). If you love other K names, I bet it will be really cute!

In terms of Brooke feeling left out...kids will always find ways of feeling left out from time to time. It's part of life! She might notice it, but the less you make of it, the less it will be!

Just a thought if you have your heart set on Brooke... you could always give her a middle name that starts with K. You could also give Kiera a middle name that starts with B,so theri initials woyuld be B.K. and K.B.

Good luck choosing nmes. Make sure they are what YOU wnat so you won't have any regrets!

4. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I think the names your have picked are adorable and if you love them you should use them! I honestly don't think Brooke would end up feeling left out because she will know you chose her name because you loved it. Like the PP said somebody will always find something about the names you pick to complain about, all that matters is that you and your DH love the names. I have three girls all with A names because I loved those names not because I wanted all A names. I am expecting #4 and he/she will most likely NOT have an A name. :)

5. worleygrl

worleygrl Member

The names go very well together and "Brooke" has a "k" sound (and an actual K!) so you are in good shape! I don't think anyone will notice!

6. luvinit

luvinit Well-Known Member

I like the reversed initial idea. That would make Brooke more included. However, like pp I dont think she would feel left out anyway.

Brooke Katherine
    Brooke Kailey
    Brooke Kassandra
    Brooke Kaylynn

Kiera Bryn
    Kiera Brianna
    Kiera Bayley ( I know you had mentioned this as a first name)
    Kiera Bethany
    Kierea Blaire

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Well-Known Member

:) I think it is totally fine to have 2 K names and 1 B name. I don't pay much attention to what letter kids' names begin with - I say just name them what you like, regardless. I love the names you have picked. :)

8. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I agree with Tali :) but i also love the idea of the reverse ititals. gives them a special connection within their names. but at the end of the day its wat u love that matters :)

9. Ladielindsay

Ladielindsay New Member

Choose names that you love. I really like the idea of having the first and second names begin with opposite initials. :D