Help, they won't leave their clothes on!!!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bkimberly, Jan 16, 2007.

1. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

Please someone offer me a solution! Drew refuses to keep any of his clothes on! It doesn't matter what I put him in (unless it is a one piece zip up pajama), he is naked in a matter of minutes. Diaper included!!! Please, I am going crazy!

2. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

Please someone offer me a solution! Drew refuses to keep any of his clothes on! It doesn't matter what I put him in (unless it is a one piece zip up pajama), he is naked in a matter of minutes. Diaper included!!! Please, I am going crazy!

3. Caleb2Cody

Caleb2Cody Well-Known Member

Duck tape!!!!!! I had to put it on the boys' diapers when they were about 18 months to 2 years.... I still have mostly naked boys running around the house. They at least leave their under's on now!!!! Good Luck

4. Crystal74

Crystal74 Well-Known Member

See my post from about a week ago. I got a lot of creative ideas. I think it was called "creative ideas to keep clothes on". I'm in the same boat with you. I feel like I'm redressing them 50 times a day and I really don't have time for it.

Crystal

5. allgrace

allgrace Well-Known Member

my sisters boys did this too- they would come home from preschool and take all their clothes off.

6. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

It must be in the name, my Drew is a girl but takes off her clothes all the time. It even happens when we have company- great.
    I'm just gonna ride this one out, they change so quickly that maybe next month she will come to the realization that it's snowing outside and she would be alot warmer with clothes on.
    Well at least her sister hasn't taken to her ways...yet

7. Laura56

Laura56 Well-Known Member

Nicole and Danielle have been taking their clothes off since they were about 18 months. They are now 2 1/2 years old. What their mother does is use diaper pins and pins their clothes on every nap and night. She pins the front and back of her clothes on and it has been working now for about 6 months. If she forgets one time especially for a nap all their clothes and diapers will be off!

8. kelly79

kelly79 Well-Known Member

My one daughter now wears overalls all the time. They have to have the traditional metal clip to them, not the snap or buttons, otherwise she will get those off. And a onesie underneath as well. I try to find the overalls without the snaps in the crotch. They usually have these in sizes 2T and up I find. As for naps, I put her in a blanket sleeper backwards.

9. pyjamamum

pyjamamum Well-Known Member

My girls are doing exactly the same thing, but it's the middle of summer here so it's not an issue in terms of the weather. However. We did have a very embarrassing moment the other day at daycare. Apparently Alice took off her shorts and undies and weed all over the astroturf in the playground! (If we get caught short when we're out walking or somewhere fairly private, I tend to just take off her bottom-half clothes and let her wee - she says, "I wee grass. Make it grow."). Then, when the group leader took her to the toilet (just to remind her that that's where you wee) she refused to put her shorts and undies on, and ran out into the playground with a bare bum and climbed onto a trike! Oh dear. Guess I'd better become a little stricter...but honestly, it's pretty hard to get excited about having fully dressed kids at home when it's 33 degrees celsius!

Good luck!