HELP! They are climbing out of their beds!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Double Vision, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I don't have much time to post, except when I am in desperate need of help. My 18 month old girl twins are climbing out of their beds like they are professionals. I am not ready for them to be in toddler beds yet. They are dare devils and I am afraid they may get hurt roaming around.

I broke down and ordered crib tents - I sure hope they get here quick.

Anyone have similar challenges, what did you do?
    Have you used a crib tent?
    Will the crib tent work? Is it safe?

2. Reeny691

Reeny691 Well-Known Member

I can't help cause but I'm gonna order my tent tomorrow. I would also love to hear peoples opinions of tents

3. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

Oh the sleepless nights and early mornings of hearing them playing with toys they aren't supose to reach.....They are not getting good sleep, naps are few and far fetched, and things are just out of order.

I am just scared that they may be scared about the tents and I will not be able to leave them in there.

HELP!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

tents saved (and continue to do so) my life!

until they come, you can put them in sleep sacks and it should inhibit their ability to hike their legs up and over the crib side. that worked for us for several months. if they know how to unzip sleep sacks then just put them on backwards.

good luck!

every time I think I want to try toddler beds I come back to my senses! we tried them this summer for 6 wks or so, and it was disasterous, and I got really annoyed and would yell at them... that doesn't really help to induce a nice peaceful household let alone sleep! I figure maybe by the time mine are 3...