Help me out -bday party ?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by TwinsInOkinawa, Apr 25, 2013.

1. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

This is the first year we have done a real bday party. We are going to a gymnastics gym for an hour and a half. The kids play on the equipment for 30 minutes, have cake and open presents for 30, then play again for 30. The coaches are there to basically run it.

So, have I forgotten anything: I have goodie bags (no candy, we have bubbles, bouncy balls, and a little pot to plant a seed paper in it, I think I will put the soil in a Baggie too), balloons, cake X 2, candles, plates, napkins, cups and either water or juice I think (can't decide). Don't think I am going to try to transport ice cream (it is going to be above freezing this weekend!).

Am I missing anything important?

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I would bring water and juice. I have one strange child who won't drink juice ever. Actually all she will drink are milk or water. What about forks or spoons for the cake? Big bags for transporting the presents home? Coloring pages and crayons for kids who want to take a break from gymnastics? Have a great party!

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

A serving knife for the cake and something to light the candles with.

4. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Bottle of hand sanitizer for the kids to wash their hands after playing and before eating. My daughter just went to a similar party and the mom had that and I thought it was a good idea. I love your goodie bag idea. So much better than a bag full of candy. Don't forget your camera for pictures.

Have fun.

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would double check with the place to see what they supply.
    My girls are also having a gymnastics party but i'm lucky in that the place does everything. I just need to bring goody bags and large bags to take the presents home in, as well as any food i want for the adults. All the stuff for the kids are included. They will get an hour in the gym, followed by 1/2 in the party room with pizza and carvel ice cream cake. I think they give the kids juice or water

6. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I'd double check too. I've been to gym parties and they supplied everything but the cake and goodie bags.

7. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

Great! Thanks for all the ideas. Everyone said something I hadn't thought of! You guys are awesome!