help me here to figure it out

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by abrinka, Dec 2, 2011.

1. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

Ok, so here are the choices of electronic toys that I've seen on line or store:

1.Mobigo
    2.Leapfrog Leapster 2
    3.Leapfrog Leapster Explorer
    4.Vtech InnoTab
    5.Vtech Reader
    6.Fisher price iXL 6-in-1 learning system

HOW do you decide what's the best investment learning and money wise for 3 year old?

My two are 3y4mo. They are not much in electronic games yet, but they love playing with mine and DH phones.

TIA

2. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

We got the ixls last year and the kids like them but not as much as our phones
    We are getting them itouches for Xmas

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I got mobigos for my kids but they won't get them for a few months still (it's to keep them busy during our trip next year). The thing really is that most games are for kids 4 or older... Even the 3yo games on mobigos or leapsters have basic math or something... I guess that's why I'm waiting until they're 4, and I didn't go for leappad/innotab.

I do not trust my kids with ipod touch, but I know a lot of people get those instead. Our kids have never played with cellphones or ipads (only dh has a smartphone and it's strictly off limits).

4. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

This year we are getting an Innotab for my 6 year old, the vtech color laptop for my other 6 year and the vreader for my almost 3 year old. I have to agree with pp. mine and dh's phone are not toys. I know some parents buy their kids ipods and what not but thats an adult item as far as im concerned and they can have something like that when they are older. They are kids and they will have toys:)

5. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

We are one of those weird families who still do not own any game/learning/electronic systems. I don't see it as a necessity, so we are waiting as long as possible to introduce that to them. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We are replacing out leapster explorers with leappad explorers but my girls really didn't understand the leapsters till they were 4. To them they were more frustrating than anything at 3. I do recommend leapfrog as a product line. We've never had any trouble with any of the products (we had leapster 2 to start with). I see you didn't include the leapster tag which is also a fun leapster product.

7. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Count me as another one one of those weirdos who don't have electronic systems for our kids. I'm not convinced they're really all that effective at helping learning, so I'd rather my kids just played. We do have iPods that our kids play with on long trips twice a year.

1 person likes this.
  8. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We bought the LeapPads Warren is very much into my iPhone and iPad so I think he will really take to it. Not sure how interested Gavin will be but you know it would be a disaster if I didn't get 2 :(