Help, he keeps peeing on himself!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 4boysandme, Sep 11, 2008.

1. 4boysandme

4boysandme Well-Known Member

I am just now starting to introduce my boys to the potty and one of the twins has woken up dry for the last 2 days and has gone in the potty! Anyway, we still have one problem. Somehow, even with a "potty guard" up, he has peed more on himself and his shirt than actually in the potty. :huh: How can I prevent this? Any ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks,
    Megan

2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

I have one ds that this happened to all the time as well. I do 2 things. First, I put him on the big potty, take his bottoms all the way off, spread his legs wide and put him near the back (so his bottom actually touches the back, then he feels safe). I taught him to put his hands on the front of the seat to hold himself up, and it points him down just enough to put it in the toilet. Second, we do alot of standing up. I bought a low stool so he can stand and use the toilet. When in public, I just hold him under his arms so he is the right height.

3. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

We do the standing thing...and if they are sitting, we have taught them how to put their penis down. :rolleyes:

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I taught him to point it down into the toilet....so that helps a LOT!!!

5. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I taught mine to point it down as well.

6. firsttimer

firsttimer Well-Known Member

We also taught him to "tuck it in". At first he would tell his sister to tuck it too.