HELP...5 y/o girl twins "tickling" each other

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by doubledownmom, Oct 30, 2011.

1. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

I just walked into the living room and one of my five year old twin girls was "tickling" her twin sister in her private area. They were both fully clothed. They were both giggling. It freaked me out, I must admit. Is this normal??? I sat them both down and reminded them that their vaginas are their private areas and to keep their hands to themselves. What else should I say? help please!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I think it's normal... at least I hope because I've caught my dd "tickling" herself. I admit it freaked me out but I remember hearing/reading that we shouldn't make a big deal about it (which is SO hard for me to cover up my reaction :blush: ) and tell them just what you did. :good: I told my dd that that's okay to do but only when she's in her room (again, so hard for me to say!!)

3. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I agree with PP. I think the hard part is to keep our adult reaction calm, which it sounds like you tried to do. The tickling, touching part is normal. All three of my kids did/do this. I just remind them the same thing you did; their privates are private and not to be touched by others. If they are 'tickling' themselves, I remind them that is something they do in private. And yeah, it's hard to say, especially the first few times I noticed it happening.

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Mine have done it and I too freaked out. :blush: Not on them of course!

I just did what you did and said it's fine to tickle but there are parts of our bodies that shouldn't be touched...blah blah blah.

5. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

OMG my boy twins did that. I talked to them and told them that they should not touch each other there. Now they will both scream out "he's trying to tickle my peanuts". Yes a new word they learned in kindergarten. What do they teach our young people. Any way they are not doing that or even trying they just like to say that. I hope they stop doing that soon. That's all I need for them to say on Thanksgiving. Mom, Eli's tickling my peanuts" What a great discussion that will be!.