heart rates and type of twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chatongris, Mar 9, 2010.

1. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

my babies heart rates have always been within 3 beats of each other. The nurse was hinting that they could be identical due to this. For those of you who know if the babies are fraternal or identical, how close have the heart rates been?

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boy/girl twins often had the same or very close heartbeats.

3. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

my boys are frats and always had the same heart rate, after several appts with trying doppler then ending up with a quickie office u/s , my OB would just start us out in the u/s room.

4. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

My fraternal girls were all over the map! One appt. they would be dead on and the next would be 15-20 beats apart.

5. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

My babies are identical and they were generally 10-20 beats apart.

6. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

My guys are identical and my baby b was always higher by about 20

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Always very close, like their weights and they were fraternal boy / girl ...

8. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

My girls are most likely fraternal (although you can't really know until you do a dna test after birth) and they are always very similar in heart rate.

9. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

My girls are frat and they always had heart rates that were exactly the same. The boys are most likely frat (at the very least they are di/di) and their heart rates are always within a beat or two of each other. According to our u/s tech the HR mean nothing except that they are doing well. Can't tell gender or zygosity from them.