Healthy finger foods, witha twist

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MarchI, Jun 1, 2010.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I need healthy finger foods that aren't mushy/slimey. They basically leaves out most fruit (i have tried rolling in cheerios, they said no thank you). I am open to all ideas. I have dinner down since they will eat meat and veggies but breakfast and lunch are problems.

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Can you do apple slices? What about the biter biscuits? Toast?

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Have you checked out this thread in the FY Handbook? There are lots of suggestions of what has worked for other TS moms for finger foods, maybe you will see something that might work for you!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

did you grind up/crush the cheerios? I was going to suggest rolling things in wheat germ. like bananas, cooked sweet potato cubes, tofu etc. good luck!

5. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I'm not at the finger food stage yet, but recently a friend mentioned this site that she found good recipes at. I hadn't heard of it (maybe you have already). Anyways when I have some quiet time I am going to check it out myself, not sure if it will have what you are looking for but check it out.

www.weelicious.com