he woke up to dance

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by piccologirl, Jun 11, 2009.

1. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

jacob woke us up this morning with miserable cries and he refused to settle down. we gave him time to soothe himself back to sleep but after it became clear he wouldn't be able to do so we went in and picked him up. he fussed as we changed his diaper and checked him for damp spots, he fussed as i laid him over my shoulder and patted his back to soothe him. he fussed when we laid down together and when i finally laid him down next to daddy to see if he would be any more successful soothing him back to sleep.

finally DH went to shift his position in the bed and he just happened to hold his hand in such a way that jacob was able to catch hold and pull himself up into a sitting position. immediately the crying and fussing stopped. and almost as quickly the dancing started.

jacob likes to shake his head back and forth and when he hears music he does it to the rhythm. it's his new favorite game, dancing while mommy and daddy sing to him or when his toys play music. he apparently woke up in the middle of the night and wanted to dance, but lacks the developmental skill of getting from a lying down position into a sitting up position.

and apparently that's all he needed, because once he was able to dance and smile for a bit he yawned and settled back down again.

baby parties: you can't decline the invitation. :D

:lazy:

2. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

lol blesshim! Midnight parties.. can Amber come next time she is up at silly oclock playing silly devils? Bet it was rather cute though!

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

LOL! Too funny! Has he been watching too much "So You Think You Can Dance"??? :lol:

4. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

LOL, that's so funny! :lol: and ADORABLE :wub:

Thank you for sharing!

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

He needs the onesie that says, "Party in my crib at 2 am!" :cool:

6. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I so remember those days! Cherish them while they are here!

:banana:<--- dancing!

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out!! So cute!! :wub: