Haven't been here in forever

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by xavier2001, Dec 6, 2009.

1. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I was around here alot in the expecting and first year forum but have been drifting off as of late, so hard to juggle twins and work and life and the internet lol. But I could always count on you gals for support and great advice so I'm hoping you can help me out. My twins are almost 27 months. DD is completely potty trained for her pee's, and has been for several weeks now, when it comes to her bm's though she is very inconsistent. If I can catch her right before she goes then she'll go on the potty no problem and be very proud of herself but more often than not when she's in a different room from me she just goes in her pants and then runs to me and says 'uh oh too late'. This has been happening more and more. I am very hesitant to put her back into pullups/diapers b/c she hasn't had a urine accident in weeks but I am getting sick of scraping bm out of underwear. Help!!

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Have you tried any kind of reward chart or stickers? I got a small chart with stickers and taped a picture of something my girls really wanted at the top of it and told them when they filled the chart we would go to the store and get it. It really motivated them to potty. Maybe that could help her remember to get you before she goes in her pants.

3. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

No successful PTing experience here, but I think Rachel's suggestion is a great one. Welcome back!! :D

4. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies!

I like the idea of a sticker chart or reward system my only fear is that DS is nowhere near ready to start potty training (and I really don't want to push him) but I worry if he'll feel left out or get mad if he isn't part of the reward system. Heck maybe it would get him interested but I can see it being a big sibling rivarly issue too.

5. FourKiddos

FourKiddos Well-Known Member

I just posted a very similar question a couple of weeks ago about my DS - it was the same situation.

I used M+Ms as a reward. We have four kids and I wanted them all to cheer for the person who is on the potty. So if one of my twins did a BM then they get to reward the family with M+Ms. I use Dixie cups and the person who pooped hands out a Dixie cup full of candy to each member of the family. Before this happens though, he would bring all of the kids into the potty and we would cheer for them and then the reward comes. I still think my DS likes the verbal cheering the best - but my older two like the reward. So, everyone is happy. Each kid is only receiving 5-7M+Ms. And when the older two are at school, a lot of the time my DS only wants the verbal reward. My DD is still not quite ready, but she still cheers for my DS.

Good Luck! It is a LONG road. I still have one more to PT. Every child has been so different for me. IMO - I would never revert back to underwear unless your child loves their undies that much. Only one of my kids did this threat work for - the rest of them could have cared less.

Good Luck!

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice Mary, just glad to see you back! :) :grouphug: