Hates going to have his bath, naps and bedtime.

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by pattymartin, Jun 7, 2009.

1. pattymartin

pattymartin Well-Known Member

All of sudden my great easy going son has become demon baby when it comes to naps, baths and bedtime. As soon as you say any of these words he flings himself backwards and starts screaming. He was doing great put him in his crib he would babble then fall asleep for naps and bedtime. Now he screams until he falls asleep. We have adjusted his naps and bedtime because he started sleeping later in the morning which meant everything got pushed back. It was overnight this happened. Anyone else have this happen at 19 months. I thought it was his eye teeth and shots that might have caused this but it has been a week now and we are still screaming. Any ideas.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Does it take him a long time to go to sleep? I am wondering if he is just going through an independent phase, my twins went through that, we would have to let them walk upstairs and into their rooms for naps and into the bathroom for bathtime. I would just keep the schedule going as it is, it does sound like one of those frustrating toddler phases they go through.

3. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I agree - sounds like one of those delightful toddler phases. Have you tried maybe offering an option at bathtime: bath or shower? That helped when one of my boys suddenly started hating taking a shower. As for bedtime, consistency is key. My boys often resisted naptime at that age, and well before. Only very recently have they gotten better about going to bed.

:hug: Sorry you're dealing with such frustrating behavior.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

One of my girls doesn't do well with transitions, so we have a lot of routines that we do so she can prepare herself for what is to come. After a few days she got it and did much better. :hug:

5. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Josh all of a sudden will throw a fit when I put him down for a nap or bedtime. He'll kick, scream and cry. But after a few minutes he'll calm down and go to sleep.

I think it's just the age. He wants to stay up and play and can't understand why he needs to go to bed.