Has anyone done a 3D/4D ultrasound?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Dec 12, 2008.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I really want to do this, I was just wondering the best time to do it? I read some places to wait till 30 weeks but with twins I would think things will be squished by then and who knows we're we'd be at 30 weeks sence I keep hearing about bed rest and all sorts of stuff. When do you think is good?

2. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I had mine done at 25 weeks and it was great! I heard between 24-28 weeks with twins is best!

3. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

I did mine at 25 weeks it was pretty amazing .. the ultra sound tech said that with twins its best to do between 24-30 weeks due to the fact theres two in there !!

4. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

Mine was free because the clinic just got a 3D/4D machine and wanted to experiment with different patients. (Plus I have connections :)). Anyway, I was about 30-32 weeks and it was a bust. I didn't see much of anything as they said there was too much water (or something). I can't remember what it was. But all in all, I wasn't disappointed. That week I was having pregnancy paranoia that something was wrong, so it was good to take a peek in and seeing if the kids were behaving themselves. They were! :)

5. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

I did mine at 20 weeks and 23 weeks. I like the pictures, but I don't hink they turned out as well as they could have. But, I would do it again if I had the chance. At my 24 week ultrasound the tech switched over to 3D and let us take a peek (she wasn't suppose to :eek: ), it looks cooler than the commercial ultrasound places. :D
    p.s. you can see a couple of mine if you follow my blog link below.

6. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

QUOTE(june07girl @ Dec 12 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]1108224[/snapback]
    I had mine done at 25 weeks and it was great! I heard between 24-28 weeks with twins is best!

I didn't have one with my twins b/c I had plenty of u/s with my OB. But, with my singleton, my OB only did ONE u/s (at 9 weeks) and that was it. So, we went to a 3D/4D place and had a 45 minute u/s with pics and DVD footage. It was awesome!!! We were anxious to find out the sex, so we did it at 20 weeks. I wish I would've waited a few more weeks though. She was still pretty alien/bony looking in the pics...I wish I would've waited till she had a little more fat on her. Ha!!

here's the link to some of my 3D u/s pics
    http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/twi...und%20Pictures/

7. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I haven't had an official one, but the past 2 ultrasounds ( 24 and 26 weeks) the tech switched to 3D to see if we could get one and we got nothing, I couldn't even see anything. She was pointing out eyes and a nose, but I couldn't see it. I go every two weeks so I'm hoping one of these times we can get a good one!