Hardest Part of the Day on Bedrest?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Emily@Home, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

When is the hardest part of your day on bedrest?
    What seems to make it so hard?

For me, it's either late afternoon or around 7 pm.
    I'm bored by late afternoon, so my brain starts wandering, pondering all the things that could go wrong. If I'm anxious later, it's because the day seems to never end, and I might be feeling lonely.

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

:hug99:

The hardest part of my day on bedrest was the afternoon. There was nothing on TV to watch, I had already taken a nap or played on the computer or read, and I knew it would be a few more hours before DH returned home from work (or when I was in the hospital, a few more hours before DH could come and visit).

My contractions also seemed to flair up in the afternoons, and that just made me more nervous!!!

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

The mornings were the worst for me. I was in the hospital and I hated waking up alone. By 10am things started to get better because by that time my nurses were done with their first rounds and could come hang out. (I was in there for a long time and got to be very close to my nurses.)

4. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Jun 8 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]816082[/snapback]
    The mornings were the worst for me. I was in the hospital and I hated waking up alone. By 10am things started to get better because by that time my nurses were done with their first rounds and could come hang out. (I was in there for a long time and got to be very close to my nurses.)

Same here. I was on hospital bedrest 7 weeks. When I would wake up, it would be sooo lonely.

5. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Okay, after this morning, I have to add that morns/weekends in general here in the hospital are the pits for me. . . Food service delivers my tray loudly, the weekend housekeeper is rude and loud, and food service gips me my orange juice, etc. They wake me up and don't act the least bit sorry or cautious about it.

And my weekend nurse is very rough.

By Mondays, I just feel like dirt and want to cry.

6. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

Hang in there...I am not going to say it is easy or you forget all of it, but the end results are worth it!
    :hug99:

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I usually felt the same about the weekends. They were forever screwing up my breakfast and the housekeepers never gave me extra toilet paper even when I asked!

Hang in there! :hug99:

8. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Emily@Home @ Jun 8 2008, 08:02 AM) [snapback]816124[/snapback]
    Okay, after this morning, I have to add that morns/weekends in general here in the hospital are the pits for me. . . Food service delivers my tray loudly, the weekend housekeeper is rude and loud, and food service gips me my orange juice, etc. They wake me up and don't act the least bit sorry or cautious about it.

And my weekend nurse is very rough.

By Mondays, I just feel like dirt and want to cry.

Mornings are my least favorite time too. I will never understand why they enjoy waking us up. The other reasons I don't like mornings is because that's when everybody and their dog comes into my room to ask me questions and poke at me. I like the afternoons the best because I'm generally alone, more relaxed, the TV shows are better, and it's closer to when I see my only visitor - DH!!! Really takes very little to entertain me lately :) It used to be that during the night was my least favorite time because I had some rude nurses that would do everything they could to wake me up in the middle of the night and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I was hardly sleeping then. But one of my favorite nurses put a "care plan" in my chart and now they leave me alone from 9pm to 8am. I sleep SO much better now. For the record, most of the nurses here are awesome and I love them and wouldn't have been able to make it through this without them. There's just a few that make is miserable I suppose.