Happy Birthday boys!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by FirstTimeMomma, Jun 11, 2011.

1. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Hey everyone..finally able to fully update the past few days lol.. So I went in to my ob on Tues morning after losing mucuous plug and feeling a lot of pressure and just generally knowing something wasnt right..ob checked me at 11am and sure enough, I was 1-2cm dialated and he could feel Devin's head! Rushed me to L & D and by the time I got there 30 mins later I was 4 cm dialated, then 5cm, contracting every 2 mins and was told I was delivering that day! They then put me on mag and steriod shots which stalled labor and I stayed at 5cm, everything was going great and was told to expect to deliver by Fri morning but by Wednesday night 8:30, had a feeling like I had to poop so the dr checked me and said I was going into labor and that I was having c section by 9pm! They prepped me and by 9:00 Devin entered the world, 9:01 Dylan followed. Devin weighed 3lbs 90z and Dylan was 4lbs 13oz. Both are in NICU(apgar scores were 9/9), Devins glucous levels are a mess and he has some jaundice, Dylan is on cpap and has sleep apnea. DR says they will do great and not to worry but obviously thats impossible! Im still in shock that this all happened in a matter of 3 days, didnt expect to go into labor that quickly!! I was 32 weeks 5 days. This all feels like a dream and am waiting for it to hit me! I will post pics asap :)

2. CatzMeow

CatzMeow Member

Congratulations on the birth of your sons! I'm glad to hear they are doing well and I hope their stay in the NICU is short and they can come home with you soon! :)

3. khdood

khdood Member

Congratulations! I hope they get big and strong and healthy quickly so they can come home soon!

4. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Congratulations and Happy Birthday Devin and Dylan!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your boys!! Please visit the NICU forum for any support you need during and after their NICU stay.

6. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

Congrats!! My boys were born at 32weeks 4days recently! I hope your boys continue to do well! :) Its amazing what modern medicine can do for them!

7. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! My best friend has twin boys named Devin and Dylan too!!

8. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Wondering how your C-Section experience was!?

Glad to hear the encouraging news from your doctor that all will be well with your little ones!

Blessings,
    Rebecca

9. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys! Hope they come home soon.

10. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! The c section was just about as bad as I expected lol I never, ever want to experience that again and im actually worried about having more children down the road! Hopefully this is something that will pass in time.
    The boys are doing ok, Dylan has apnea and is still on cpap, we witnessed an episode yesterday and I broke down once his lips turned blue :( its really hard dealing with this. Devin seems to be doing better than Dylan, his glucose stabilized and he is feeding better. Its funny, the one who weighed less is doing better! Overall, the dr says theyll be OK but I feel so guilty, like it was my fault that I couldnt carry them longer. Im an emotional wreck, guilt, trying to recover from surgery and visiting my two angels in NICU. Never thought it would end up like this

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: First of all, it's not your fault and there was nothing you could have done to carry them longer. But I totally understand you feeling that way. I felt that way when my twins were born early as well. My head knew there was nothing I could have done differently, but my heart felt totally different. I know it's hard, but please try not to blame yourself. The NICU is hard, just do what you can. Please visit the NICU forum and share your story and your feelings. All of us over there have been through it and can help give you the support you need. :hug:

The bradycardia and apnea spells will slow down and eventually stop as they continue to grow. :hug:

12. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

welcome baby boys!! And I've heard that before it's like the smaller ones just know they have to be strong! I hope for a short nicu stay!! Good job you seeing your doctor when you had "a feeling" :)

13. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

I am so sorry about the C-Section. :(
    I have heard that subsequent ones are easier... if that is any comfort.

Also...
    :grouphug:
    so sorry for the pain of seeing your little ones struggle right now.

Trusting that all will be well with them as they grow and thrive.
    Rebecca