Happy 4th birthday to my girls!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Minette, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

When I was giving them their "last hugs" last night, Amy said, "Mommy, dis is my last hug when I'm three years old!" I got verklempt. (It doesn't take much. :blush: ) They were super-excited to wake up this morning and be four.

We've had three birthday celebrations already -- one with extended family, one with all their friends at Pump It Up, and one at school this morning with their class. We're going out to dinner tonight just the four of us, and then they will get their presents from us. I spread them out (wrapped) on the train table this morning just to drive the kids crazy. :blbl:

:birthday: Sarah and Amy!

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:bday: Sarah and Amy!! Hard to believe they are 4 Alden!!

3. caba

caba Banned

Happy Birthday to your little ladies! and Happy Birth Day to you mom! :birthday:

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:bday: Amy and Sarah!!!

5. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Happy birthday to Sarah and Amy! Sounds like you are giving them a wonderful birthday! :wub:

6. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday girls! :birthday:

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Happy birthday girlies!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

:birthday: girls! Have fun at dinner tonight!!

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Amy!!

Happy Birthday Sarah!!

I just can't believe they're 4 already! Congratulations, Alden!

10. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

:bday: girls!! Sounds like their lovely little lives are being wonderfully celebrated!

11. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:bday: Sarah :bday:

:Clap:

:bday: Amy :bday:​

12. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:bday: Sarah and Amy!!

13. 40+mom

40+mom Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to Sarah and Amy!!!!! That statement about "last hug" for age 3 got me all choked up, too! I hope the day was wonderful.

Just think.....four years ago today...what where you doing and what were your girls doing. Birthdays are such happy events, but they make me a little nostalgic, too. Time seems to be going by so fast!

Meg -- mom to 3.75 year old boy/girl twins (2 months to age 4)

14. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Amy and Sarah!! :birthday: Welcome to 4! :)

15. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Thinking of it that way makes me so glad it's not four years ago! I was utterly miserable (both before and after their birth) for some time. I'm much happier now. :ibiggrin:

And while I do miss some things about earlier stages (in particular the fat-baby-grinning-at-everything stage and the young-toddler-loving-every-new-experience stage), in general I enjoy it more and more, the older they get.

The dinner last night was not exactly relaxing (I keep thinking that going out to dinner ought to not be so stressful by now, but we still haven't gotten there), but it was good enough. Sarah opted to go home with Daddy before dessert (I think she was just tired and overstimulated), so Amy got to have her ice cream with a candle in it all to herself.

They also greatly enjoyed opening their gifts from DH and me, though it was sort of sad that as soon as they were done and wanted to start playing with all their stuff, it was time for bed! Hopefully at least we'll have lots of good playtime this weekend.

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

:bday: Happy Belated to Sarah and Amy!!! :birthday: ​

For some reason, 4 was a BIG deal. They would walk around saying "We're 4 now" and if anyone asked them anything they would let them know they are 4. It was pretty funny. Then their friends were doing the same thing. So I guess it's a "thing" :lol:

(I just got my computer back yesterday, sorry I missed it :hug: )