Happily joining you here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tri159, Jan 22, 2011.

1. tri159

tri159 Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies!

I'm happily joining your ranks! This is my 2nd pregnancy, baby #3. I'm 11weeks today, I wanted to wait until after my first US to post! Had it done yesterday and confirmed what I was feeling: that there was just one little bean in there! A lovely little flickering heartbeat, and measuring right on track. Yey! Now I can start planning my home VBAC! Oh, I hope, I hope!!

I have to say: after all the baby fever I was having through the fall, for some reason, I just didn't feel excited when I got that positive test. My HB seemed a bit disappointed too: he was hoping it would take more than one month to conceive so he'd be guarenteed to "get some" regularly for a while! Poor guy!
    But seriously: anyone else feel like this? Wanting a baby, but then when pregnant all that excitement leaving? I have a lot of stress at work right now (audits, busy, paperwork, etc) plus our house is for sale, we're not doing great financially, etc. Just a lot going on. And I feel guilty that I can't spend tons of time exercising, eating right, researching for the new baby. I am way too tired to even think about trying to get fit right now...I can barely drag my butt through the day! With the girls, I was walking, biking, swimming, and doing lot of kegels. Maybe when T2 comes along I'll feel more motivated....

Anyways, the excitement is starting to come around, now that I know its just one and can begin to make a birth plan and all.

Oh - another question: anyone else breastfeeding? I'm still nursing my girls (18months) but have had a big drop in supply and am worried it will cause them to wean, which I'm not ready for! Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks!
    Melissa

2. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!! Wow does your post sound very familiar! My girls are a bit younger than yours.. they are 9 months. We felt exactly the same.. we tried very little and thought it would take a very long time to get pg (I only have one tube and went through quite a bit to have our girls!).. I didn't even think I was ovulating and on a whim took a pregnancy test and SURPRISE!!!! we had a positive! We were really excited about the idea at first and now that things are becoming a bit more real, we are not as excited.. I am just over 10 weeks along and go for another u/s on Tuesday. The irony, of course, about this whole thing is that we were just DYING to be pg when we got pregnant with the girls. I was so very careful and we were just so excited. Now, I'm almost afraid to announce to friends and family.. my DH is actually getting more excited the more time goes by, but I just feel that people are going to think we are in over our heads with 3 under 2 years. We have always wanted 4-5 kids and we have always wanted them close together.. I think I'm just wondering how this is all going to play out... we too are in a bit of a spot with our finances and I just wonder about how childcare will work and how we will afford everything. There are a lot of questions going through my mind right now.. All of that being said... I really am starting to feel the excitement come back around.. really exciting to have another one on the way and looking forward to having them be so close in age. So, totally right there with ya sister!

Can't help on the BFing.. we tried so hard with our DD's but had to jump ship at 8 weeks with BFing. I'm really looking forward to trying again with the next baby..

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I had a successful VBAC with baby boy #3 17 months after my twins' c-section. It was such a wonderful experience to be able to hold my baby after he was born... I definitely missed out on that with the twins. I wish you luck with yours! I can't help with the breastfeeding, but kudos to you on going 18 months strong!

4. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I can't say I've experienced the "disappointment" you write of (I get a huge smile across my face just thinking about the possibility of a new baby and the entire time I'm pregnant I have a smile glued to my face) but it is a totally different experience from your first pregnancy. your first time around everything is just so new and exciting and the 2nd, 3rd, etc you've kind of BTDT.

I am bf-ing and I have to say it's totally normal for your supply to decrease when you're pregnant. Your body is now feeding and building a new person rather than being exclusively for your nursing toddlers. I've never nursed while pregnant so I dont have much advice there. You might not be ready, but perhaps this might be a good time to do it since you'll have a new baby to feed...unless you were planning on triple nursing. I've never done that. I'm not sure how much your twins nurse. My youngest is pretty much a morning and nigh nurser now at 14 months. I guess I'd be afraid I wouldn't make enough milk for all three, especially with an infant needing to nurse a lot. I had no problem making milk for two. I actually had more issues with my singletons, but I think that was because I worked 3 days/week and couldn't always pump as much as I needed to, though my body did not respond the same way to the pump as it did when I had the twins. I think it was because my breasts were very well used by that point and it was difficult to get the proper suction needed due to my lack of "shapely" breast tissue.

5. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I nursed both twins from 12 months until 22 months while pregnant and nursing the newborn. The breastmilk deminished, so it was mostly for comfort and snuggle time. When my milk came in full blown with my son, the twins didnt like it anymore..and only nursed once or twice a week until they stopped completely on their own.

I was very nervous and scared when I got pregnant with my 3rd. We were not trying and after 4 yrs of infertility, it was a total shock. I was excited too..but cried the first couple of days out of fear. LOL I love having my kids so close to each other now. And the baby part wasn't that bad either. Give yourself some time, and you will be excited about this one too.

Brandy

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I think the way you are feeling is normal. And yay for the vbac plan! Because of my incision I have to have another c-section

7. tri159

tri159 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I have to say, my negative feelings seem to have disappeared now...looking back I'd say I was even depressed...but I think it must have been more related to stress at work, and all the sickness going through our family. Things are looking up now. Phew!

babyhopes09 - so great to hear from someone who can totally relate. I guess you have your ultrasound today - let me know how it goes! I think we might be really close in due dates too. I'm August 15th, how about you? We've got our house up for sale now, so even more stress! I know we need to move, but we have so much crap..plus a dog and 5 cats, that I am totally dreading it!

And yes, I am totally excited about the prospect of a VBAC!!!! With my section, the epidural didn't work and in the middle of the surgery I had to be put under and my hubbie booted out of the room. So we both missed everything. I think we would both like a different experience this time around!