Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sullyirishtwins, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

I know it is a bit early but I am having a hard time deciding which costume to get for this year. Last year I went with a simple costume "Chicago Bears" Football/Cheerleader. But now I want them get into a cute costume for photo / halloween party. My twins will be 2 yrs old on Sept. 30th. They are still wearing 24 mos clothes. (For their first halloween, I just got them a cute halloween bib)

If anyone selling their Halloween costume from last year, please post a picture of it to share for those who might want to buy it. I check the twins shopping / auction - none for updated. I thought this would be a good way to swamp halloween costumes if you do sell yours to someone else on TB.

Thanks,
    D, w/Rianna and Justin (22 mos)

2. Sullyirishtwins

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Well we're going to go trick or treating in Disney and i really wanted to get the boys Prince Charming costumes .. its just a matter of finding them ..

4. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

I was just looking at buycostumes.com last week and nothing hit me yet. Last year I found their costumes right away but this year they may have a preference.

5. kristy horner

kristy horner Well-Known Member

Last year I got a great deal on chick costumes at Children's Place, I bought 18 months, so they should be perfect for this year!! I'm so excited they're going to work. They were $35 and I got them for $2.99!!!!!!!!!!! I just need some striped leggings for them to wear!! Dh thought Griffin should be something more masculine, but this could be our last year for cutesie- babyish costumes!! And it's hard to coordinate b/g sometimes! That's a great place to check when Halloween is over this year, for next year's costumes!

6. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

I got shark costumes for them last year, and they were HUGE, so we'll be little underwater predators again this year :)

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We did fairies last year, so this year I thought about clowns with the nose, crazy eye glasses and funky wigs. The girls had a clown nose that they wore around all the time, so I thought it would be fun to do the clown this year. Still thinking of other possibilities though.

8. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We were Elmo and Cookie Monster last year, very cute! I have them listed on the shopping forum.

This year I think they are going to be monkeys. I'm watching for costumes.

9. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I know this is in 1-4 yr forum but by the time halloween rolls around we will be here anyway. We are doing Luke and Leia for halloween this year! I am trying to convince DH to be darth vader!

10. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

What about Mickey & Minnie Mouse? We did Super Heroes for the last 2 years. Indians the year before that. Animals when they were little.

11. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I did Elmo and Abby Cadabby last year. Abby had just come out and I had to make the costume (they weren't selling them, yet), but they turned out so cute! We just bought the Elmo costume. Here is a picture: View attachment 3983

They are making the Abby costumes this year (link) but I think mine was much cuter!

12. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

View attachment 3984 View attachment 3985

Their first Halloween they were matching pea pods. Last year they were a dragon & a princess. Check ebay.....I'd seen dd's princess costume in a boutique for $60 and found the same one on ebay for around $15-$20!

13. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]Last year they were a Monkey and a Banana ~ too cute :lol:

Not sure what we're doing this year yet ~ I saw BRU has their costumes out already :huh:

April :)
    [/SIZE]

14. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

The first year they were a frog and chicken (farm animals...kind of LOL)
    The second year they were Pablo and Tyrone from Backyardigans
    The third year they were dragons (and were sooo sick we went to one house...)

This year, I am sure they will tell me. I was thinking cowboy and indian or cop and robber.

15. Sullyirishtwins

This is great with all of the ideas for costume this year! Keep sharing it with us! I think I want to get the animal theme this year since this will probably be my last Halloween with baby face before full grown to 3T next year. And hopefully they'll want to be superman/superwomen because DH is a HUGE fan of Super Heros!

1st year -- (just born) Hallooween bibs (so tiny!)
    2nd year -- (1 yr old) Chicago Bears "Football/cheerleader
    3rd year -- (2 yr old) possibly of animal costume

D, w/Rianna and Justin (22 mos)

16. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I don't know what Lily is going to be, but I bought Jack's costume on clearance last year from Old Navy... he's going to be a fireman. It is so cute... I can't wait!
    Helen

17. ckkillman

ckkillman Well-Known Member

18. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

This year we'll be Elmo & Cookie Monster (b/c I got the costumes at 75% off at Walmart in November ;) ).

Last year we were Thing 1 & Thing 2. I still have those costumes, I'd say they were a size 12-18m. Would be happy to sell them to anyone here. i was planning to post in shopping in early Sept.

19. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

This year we will be Superman and Wonder Woman
    :) :)

20. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Stacy A. @ Aug 3 2008, 12:50 AM) [snapback]910453[/snapback]
    I did Elmo and Abby Cadabby last year. Abby had just come out and I had to make the costume (they weren't selling them, yet), but they turned out so cute! We just bought the Elmo costume. Here is a picture: View attachment 3983

They are making the Abby costumes this year (link) but I think mine was much cuter!

I agree! Your Abby is way cuter!!!

First year I made thing 1 and thing 2 costumes, and last year my mom helped me make peter pan and tinkerbell costumes. So I want to keep with the home made costumes, but don't quite know what I want to do this year. But I want them to coordinate again this year, because it will probably be the last year I get to dictate what they wear. :D

21. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(samilymom @ Aug 3 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]911928[/snapback]
    I agree! Your Abby is way cuter!!!

Totally agree! Homemade costumes rule!

22. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We did USC cheerleader and football player last Halloween! :) This year Katelyn has said she would like to be Belle (we already have the dress!) and Blake has mentioned Buzz Light Year. So that is what I will be on the hunt for.

23. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that Abby costume!! My girls would go nuts for that.

I haven't even started thinking about it. We're on vacation now and then we'll have their birthday party in early Sept. After that I will start thinking Halloween.

24. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The first Halloween, my girls were a pumpkin and a cat.
    My girls second Halloween they were the chicken and monkey from old navy.
    Last year Dani was Minnie mouse and Sydney was alice in wonderland.
    This year unless they both object they are both going to be Cinderella. We got the deluxe disney store one last November for 75% off.

25. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

1st year they were 5 months old -- bibs and cute halloween sleeper
    2nd year football players -- Redskins (my team) and Cowboys (DH's team and huge rival)
    last year Firemen
    This year -- either Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble (I have a blond and a brunette) or they are talking about a pirate.

Mendy

26. igonzales21

igonzales21 Active Member

27. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

28. Kaylee Marie

Kaylee Marie Well-Known Member

My SIL brought home Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts from Universal Studios last year. So we found some blue clown wigs, red turtlenecks, and red sweatpants and voila -- easy, cheap, and cute costumes.

The girls are very imaginative this year and are constantly pretending to be different characters. My guess is that DD1 will be Nemo or a robot and DD2 will be Frosty the Snowman. (Her Frosty obsession from last Christmas has not been squelched by the summer heat.) They both like pretending to be dogs too. Might be easier to find two dog costumes. We'll see.

29. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Aug 4 2008, 08:08 AM) [snapback]912158[/snapback]
    Oh my gosh, I LOVE that Abby costume!! My girls would go nuts for that.

Just in case anyone wants to do it, I just used the Tinkerbell pattern that came in a set with some princess patterns and made it in Abby colors (teal dress and pink wings). She just wore a pink shirt under it and pink tights. The "hair" is just that stringy yarn made into pom-poms and put on hair bands and wrapped around little buns. I made a pom-pom from plastic ribbon (the type you use for gifts) and put it on top of a dowel-rod painted purple. Here is a close-up picture: View attachment 4014

ETA: Don't forget the make-up! It really completes it!

30. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kuchar @ Aug 3 2008, 10:04 AM) [snapback]910952[/snapback]
    I don't know what Lily is going to be, but I bought Jack's costume on clearance last year from Old Navy... he's going to be a fireman. It is so cute... I can't wait!
    Helen

A dalmatian puppy would be cute!

31. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Stacy A. @ Aug 4 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]912884[/snapback]
    Just in case anyone wants to do it, I just used the Tinkerbell pattern that came in a set with some princess patterns and made it in Abby colors (teal dress and pink wings). She just wore a pink shirt under it and pink tights. The "hair" is just that stringy yarn made into pom-poms and put on hair bands and wrapped around little buns. I made a pom-pom from plastic ribbon (the type you use for gifts) and put it on top of a dowel-rod painted purple. Here is a close-up picture: View attachment 4014

ETA: Don't forget the make-up! It really completes it!

Great tip, might have to steal the idea!! :D And you could put ther in a potato sack and she would still look adorable! She is too cute!!

32. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I am still at a loss here but I like your ideas! I will probably start thinking about it in Sept!

33. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

I love seeing everyone's ideas!!

Last year I dressed my twin dd's in matching piggy costumes, then my older dd I made a pig costume for, and my ds was a wolf.

So, the girls were the 3 Little Pigs and my son was the Big Bad Wolf. Everyone at the halloween parade loved it. Here's some pics.

3 Little Pigs & big Bad Wolf

Twin Pigs (fornt)

Twin Pigs (back)

Piggy we made

34. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

I'm not sure yet what we are doing this year, but I have started thinking about it. Last year we just went with cutesy stuff that did not really coordinate, so I'd like to have some sort of theme or something this year. I am curious to see what others are going to dress their kids as.

35. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member