Hailee's Turn

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by tarajh, Apr 4, 2007.

1. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

We were out last night and someone asked Hailee how her loose tooth was doing. I decided to feel it & it was so loose I thought I had knocked it out just by touching it! The lady that had asked about it then (half jokingly) told her to pull it out. Hailee reached in her mouth and yanked it out right then & there, lol. The girl has no fear, I swear! Actually, she just has "Daddy Syndrome"...do before you think ;)

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Did she hurt herself doing that? YIKES!!!! No Fear is right!! WOW!! Time to get your tooth fairy costume back out! :D

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Holy cow! That is one brave little girl! So how much did the tooth fairy leave her?

4. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

She didn't say ouch, so I guess she didn't hurt herself. I guess it did take her by surprise somewhat though, because she did this hysterical laugh/cry thing for a minute or 2. She just wanted it out so badly since Justin lost his last week (Daddy pulled his).

The Tooth Fairy leaves a gold dollar for each tooth :)

5. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

Thought maybe some of you experienced tooth fairies could help here. Like I mentioned, H lost one tooth and her 2nd was loose. It was not very loose, just slightly. Well, now that her new tooth has started coming in, her other loose tooth is no longer loose, I mean not at all! Has this ever happened to anyone before? My only guess is that the new tooth pushed her other tooth over and tightened it up.

Oh, and now Justin has lost his 2nd one - he looks so funny :D

6. krysn2ants

krysn2ants Well-Known Member

Oh wow, their first time losing teeth!! I can't believe how big they're getting, Tara!!! :( I would think that it's not loose anymore because the newer tooth is pushing on it. Isiah will have a loose tooth and the new one will be coming in right behind it...he will not pull out that loose tooth to save his life, he will literally wait for it to fall out!! Michael, on the other hand, actually twisted and pulled on one of his loose teeth until it came out. I was SOOOO grossed out...he ACTUALLY TWISTED IT to make it come out!! YUK!!! It made my knees weak! LOL

7. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

Oh Tara! I can't believe your babies are at this stage! :D How exciting yet nervewracking! :unsure:

Re the tightening of a formerly loose tooth...this has happened to just about all of my kids at some point. Their little mouths haven't grown enough yet to accomodate all those adult teeth so when two right next to each other start to drop out, sometimes the first one's adult tooth temporarily wedges the second baby tooth in for a bit. Don't worry, the second baby tooth will get loose again when its own adult tooth above starts to exert more downward pressure! Even if one grows out OVER (or under) the baby tooth, don't worry (but do ask the dentist about it just to be on the safe side). We've even had this happen, and eventually the baby tooth fell out with no problems.

Congrats to Hailee (brave girl!!!) and to Justin!

8. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

Meghan lost her 2 bottom teeth late last summer and Mackenzie just lost her first one a couple of weeks ago and the other one is very loose but she would never pull it out, the only way the last one came out she hit her mouth on her Dora cahir and she started crying/freaking , but it was just flapping in the wind, lol :D

9. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

I guess it helps when you remember to come back & check on threads when you post a question :FIFblush:

I can't believe they are that big either!!! They were super early teethers, & according to what I've read online this is on the very early side of losing. Thanks for sharing Renee, I feel better now - even though she doesn't ;)

10. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Brooke has lost 1 tooth and Morgan none, so we are still slightly new to this. But, Brooke's 2nd wiggly tooth did tighten up as the new one started coming in too, so I guess it is normal as Renee said.