Ha! going along with those comments we hate...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Eyler07, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

so my husband was talking to our neighbors boyfriend who just moved in with her (We live in a townhouse style apartment complex), and they got on the topic of twins. My husband mentioned that we had identical twin boys and in return, this is what he told my husband. He said "yeah, my sister just had twins - about 2 years ago. She had one boy and one girl. They're identical. I like to switch their clothes around and see if they get mixed up." [​IMG] That was one of those times that I guess that things are better left unsaid - My husband said "oh yeah...." and left it at that. Maybe he should have taken our boys and shown him what identical actually means... ugh. People...

-Amanda [​IMG]

2. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

so my husband was talking to our neighbors boyfriend who just moved in with her (We live in a townhouse style apartment complex), and they got on the topic of twins. My husband mentioned that we had identical twin boys and in return, this is what he told my husband. He said "yeah, my sister just had twins - about 2 years ago. She had one boy and one girl. They're identical. I like to switch their clothes around and see if they get mixed up." [​IMG] That was one of those times that I guess that things are better left unsaid - My husband said "oh yeah...." and left it at that. Maybe he should have taken our boys and shown him what identical actually means... ugh. People...

-Amanda [​IMG]

3. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

4. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

I get asked if mine are identical although they really don't look at all alike. As if they can't see for themselves??

5. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

quote:
    I like to switch their clothes around and see if they get mixed up."

Gee, it sure would be sad if the parents couldn't tell them apart! [​IMG]

6. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I get asked if mine are identical and i have a boy and a girl and they also weigh 5lbs apart in weight!!! Duh people can be dumb! x

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I love when people ask if boy/girl twins are identical...it kills me.

Mine are both girls, but I have a brother and sister who are twins and people always ask if they are identical...duh!

8. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

Yes, I get that with my twins- are they identical? I hate to have to go there about it's not possible- anatomy and such. However, I did read it is possible but rare and one twin would have serious medical issues.
    And some people will argue as if we don't know our own babies' issues.
    Oh well.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I get asked all the time if my b/g twins are identical - I think sometimes people talk just to say something!

oh and I have responded to stupid people that ask me how I tell my twins apart (it doesn't matter that my daughter has olive skin, brown eyes and hair and my son has fair skin, blue eyes and blonde hair) "I just check in the diaper when I need to know who's who" [​IMG]

10. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

My response is always.. well his penis is bigger than hers. That usually confuses people!

11. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] [​IMG] THAT IS PRICELESS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

lol.... my dh always says, "They're identical except one has a penis." Some people.

13. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

kind of goes along with "everything i need to know i learned in kindergarden" but they must have slept thru that year! [​IMG]

14. 2peasNApod

2peasNApod Well-Known Member

That's hilarious, I'll have to remember that one!

15. Pookeysue

Pookeysue Well-Known Member

We have girl/boy twins. The scary thing for us was when one of the the NICU nurses asked us if they were identical. I wanted to ask her if she missed that day of class. I was really scared to leave my kids there with them after that. If that cant figure that out, how are they going to help my kids?