H names for girls

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SaraSatin, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble picking some I like so I thought I'd throw it out there for suggestions. If one of these babies happens to be a boy we will use Henry and no need for a girl's H name. If they are both girls (doctor said that was likely) then we need an H name. We have already in our family a Hillary, Hannah and Heather so none of those. My father was Hanan, Hannah is named after him but we'd like to do the same so we need another name.

Your help is appreciated, my brain isn't working lately, lol.

2. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Hayley, Heaven, Helena, Hadley, Harlow ...

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Helen
    Heidi
    Harmony
    Hedy
    Hallie
    Hailey
    Holly
    Honor
    Hope
    Hazel
    Harriet
    Hayden
    Hadley
    Helene
    Heloise

4. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

HAYDEN
    HALLE
    HELANA
    HENNA
    HELENA
    HARLEY
    HELLEN
    HARIET
    HEIDI
    HARLOW
    HILDIE
    HARPER
    HOLLY
    HATTIE
    HOPE
    HAZEL

5. SaraSatin

Thank you! I'll show the suggestions to DH because we're finding out genders soon but I'd at least like a short list of possibilities. Totally forgot about Hailey, I love that name!

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Harley
    Helena
    Hadley
    Holly
    Hope
    Hyacintha

7. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Hailynn
    Holdyn
    Harmony
    Holland
    Hollis
    Honey

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I would use your father's name and name a girl Hanan.

could your father's middle name or last name work or be tweeked to work as a girl name?

9. SaraSatin

Hanan is a male name is Hebrew and a female name in Arabic. He wouldn't be amused if he were alive to have a say in it, lol. My dad didn't have a middle name and my maiden name is Shurek. I think we'll just pick a female H name we like if we have two girls. He wouldn't want us to use Hanan in it's original form if we had a boy anyway, he struggled being a professional and having a hard to pronounce name, so our boy name would be Henry in English. He chose as a child not to anglicize his name when he became a citizen but later in life regretted it.

I really appreciate the names, we are going to play with them over the weekend and look on both sides of the family tree to make a few boy and a few girl choices.