Grrrrr

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Poohbear05, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

I thought it'd be nice to keep the kids home from daycare today and take them to the Farm or something - it's my last day of vacation before going back to work.

Well, I told the kids last night so of course they got all excited. I even told DH what I was planning BEFORE we picked the kids up, so he had enough opportunity to tell me.

Well, he waited until 7:30 this morning to tell me that he needed the truck for work and I couldn't have it. This AFTER the kids already know and are all excited to stay home with Mommy and go do fun stuff.

Well now we are on DH inflicted house arrest,It's only 9 a.m. and we've already played outside and used up all the finger paints, everyone is fussing and whining and fighting with each other, and I'm left sitting here wanting to STRANGLE DH.....

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

That sucks! I'm sorry you are stuck at home today. What about doing a nature hunt outside and then making something out of the stuff you find?

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ugh, sorry. I hate it when that happens! :hug:

4. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

I know how tough that is. Dh's car finally died a couple of weeks ago so he purchased another used car and got a really raw deal on it. the car ended up in the shop a few days after owning it and it took over a week for the dealer to figure out the problem and fix it (and a crap load of money too). So, he had to use my car to go to work because he owns his own business and is the only source of income for our household. It was, let him use the car to go to work and make money to pay our bills or let the girls go to Pre-K. Yeah...they missed a week of pre-K and we had no car to go anywhere...for a week. And you want to hear the topper??? The girls were both sick the entire week before this happened and we were in the house. So we were stuck in the house for 2 WEEKS!!! Whew. We survived. I know how hard it can be. Been there done that :)