gripe water

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rhc0607, Aug 27, 2009.

1. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

Did this help your LOs with gas?? We are using the Mylicon drops, but sometimes I feel like it doesn't help.

2. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

It's worth a try. Didn't work for us, but I know other babies who it has.

3. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

It has worked for 6 of my children. I didn't know about gripe water for my oldest. Anyways, we use a alcohol free Gripe Water by "mom to mom". www.momtomom.com
    I never leave home without it. I also gave some to my 4 year old nephew the other day, because his belly was upset. Within minutes he was feeling better.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know people who have had luck with it, but it didn't work for us. Make sure you read the label & get one without alcohol, although I think most all of them are alcohol free these days.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gripe water worked well for my DS and not at all for my DD. I would say it is worth a shot, in our area Target had the cheapest price on it. We used to get Little Tummies Gripe Water.

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I never had any luck with it. I hope it works for you!

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

No luck here either. We tried it for reflux. We used Mylicon in each bottle to get rid of the bubbles.

8. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I think it helped with hiccups more than anything. I still give it to the girls when they get the hiccups. They go away instantly.

9. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

It didn't work on gas issues for us, but it does help when the LOs have hiccups. Like PP mentioned, it got rid of them almost instantly. We use Little Tummies also.