gripe water

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Jul 10, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

does this help with gas?
    one of my peanuts has a gas issue where he's in pain sometimes. i was hoping something natural like this might help only when he's gassy.

2. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I never had success with it but I know others have. It's certainly worth a try. We used mylicon and then switched to sensitive formula. The new formula helped the most.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never tried it myself but have heard others say that it helped their babies.

4. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i tried mylicon and felt like it was making him spit up more. not even sure if it helped with the gas b/c he was fussing over the fact that he kept spitting up.

5. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We used grip water successfully. Baby's Bliss is an all-natural one. Not all of them are.

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gripe water worked for my DS but not DD. Mylicon was a huge help for her and we also switched to Similac sensitive formula.

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

I never had any luck with it.

8. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Gripe Water

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Seems to work for my babes... although Miles doesn't want to swallow anything but breast milk. I got a non-alcoholic formula.

10. Mommy_Nic

Mommy_Nic Member

Baby's Bliss Gripe Water works for my boys most of the time. We occationally have luck with Mylicon gas drops, but not too often. Plus you can get the gripe water at Wallgreens and Walmart for about $11. Don't open it until you're ready to use it. It's only good for 4 weeks after you open it.

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The original gripe water, way back when my first ds was born, rocked for any kind of crying from the baby (including gas).

Now, the stuff I got has ginger and fennel in it, and was useless, a complete waste of money. It was from Little Tummies I think was the brand.

It must depend on the ingredients in it. Personally I preferred the stuff with the dill weed and alcohol in it! :p