Gripe Water or Gripe Juice

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by [email protected], Jul 8, 2008.

Has anybody heard of this and used this? If so, how did it work. If you've never heard of it check out www.colicease.com I've been hearing great things about it to help babies rest better. It's not for colic babies only. Let me know. :rolleyes:

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Shanda10 @ Jul 8 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]865454[/snapback]
    Has anybody heard of this and used this? If so, how did it work. If you've never heard of it check out www.colicease.com I've been hearing great things about it to help babies rest better. It's not for colic babies only. Let me know. :rolleyes:

We used it a lot when they had sore tummies. We had bad reflux and with that came some sore tummies. It helped soothe them and put them to sleep.

Once we hit about 3 months though they would not take it and it would actually make them vomit.

I really do think it is great stuff though!

2. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I used gripe water, and the stuff worked great!!! I used it when they had upset tummies. I wouuld recommend this to others.

3. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our DD and DS would also have upset tummies when they were infants. We used Baby's Bliss Gripe Water. It worked really well. The only problem was that it was hard to find. We found that Long's Drug stores was the best place to buy.

4. esaesa

esaesa Well-Known Member

There is a thread in bf forum about it interfering w/ iron consumption. however, i don't think that using it in moderation is bad. i only give a half dose and it still works. i use it when they have painful hiccups (it makes them go away instantly). also, ruby is teething and has diarrea, not sure if it is helping, but worth a shot.

There is a thread in bf forum about it interfering w/ iron consumption. however, i don't think that using it in moderation is bad. i only give a half dose and it still works. i use it when they have painful hiccups (it makes them go away instantly). also, ruby is teething and has diarrea, not sure if it is helping, but worth a shot.

5. QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Jul 8 2008, 10:10 AM) [snapback]865457[/snapback]
    We used it a lot when they had sore tummies. We had bad reflux and with that came some sore tummies. It helped soothe them and put them to sleep.

Once we hit about 3 months though they would not take it and it would actually make them vomit.

I really do think it is great stuff though!

Were you on prescription meds for the reflux?

6. Amorita

Amorita Well-Known Member

I gave DS gripe water just last night. He had the burps and didn't want to eat his dinner. He was just plain 'criey'. He drank it down pretty quick, and felt better shortly after. Then, he ate his dinner. I think he had an upset tummy.

7. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

We used Gripe water a lot with DS1 during the first 3 months or so. It helped with the fussiness quite a bit. I did have trouble finding it. Walgreens was the only place around here that had it. I ended up ordering it much cheaper from drugstore.com though.