Green stuff coming out of her nose and eyes!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinzmom2b, Jul 8, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Morgan's had a runny nose for a few days now, but it's turned to a really sticky, thick green nasty goo. She will sneeze and it literally goes everywhere. Last night she sneezed at my parents and it was stringing all down her shirt and onto her foot. I mean, her head has just got to be filled with it. I've been giving her motrin b/c with all that she's bound to have a headache. She's been getting benedryl too, and that seems to help.

Well, yesterday I noticed her eyes seems a little glazy looking. I was thinking that this was the beginning of an ear infection. SO, I gave her the motrin and was going to take her to the peds tomorrow. Then, last night, I noticed she had the green goo stuff crusting in the corners of her eyes. It was matting her eyelashes and sticking her eyes together. I wiped them a few times and noticed that even the clear watery stuff in her eyes was just thick and really sticking.

This morning, when I got her up...her face from the nose down was just covered in green dry sticky boogers. Her eyelashes were clumped together and her eyes were only about half open and just covered in green sticky crap. I took a hot wash cloth to her face and finally got her cleaned up.

It's not pink eye b/c her eyes are still white.

What is all of this nastiness? I'm taking her over to urgent care after she gets up and see what they say. DH and I both work tomorrow and our sitter is on vacation so the girls will be with FIL, so I can't take her to the peds tomorrow. Plus, I do'nt want her to have another miserable night. YOu should've seen her this morning...ugh, it was GROSS!

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Becky, it sounds like a sinus infection/possible ear infection(s). Jake has the same thing going on right now. I took him to the ped and he has a double ear infection. He has flourescent green slime coming from his nose. :bad:

3. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

I'm sorry! I hope she feels better very soon! :hug99:

4. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

It could still be conjunctivitus even if there is no red/pinkness. I would be careful and contact your ped in the morning if she wakes up crusty again. Kayla had something similar, the first time I called the nurse she wasn't sure either but it continued so the next day I called again. The ped called in a script for eye ointment and she was 100% better within 24 hours (of course I continued the meds for the full 7 days as instructed).

5. Tif3

Tif3 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jul 8 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]321935[/snapback]
    Becky, it sounds like a sinus infection/possible ear infection(s). Jake has the same thing going on right now. I took him to the ped and he has a double ear infection. He has flourescent green slime coming from his nose. :bad:

Yep my kids get this all the time. Zach as the green slim right now in fact.

Tiffaney

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Hannah was just in to see the doctor 2-3 weeks ago for the exact same thing. Her eyes were not pink, she had a cold, but her eyes were weeping green goo. The doc did give us a prescription for conjuctivitis, and it cleared up right away.

7. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

Sometimes when my girls get colds they get them in there eyes too. I hope she feels better soon.

8. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

We went to urgent care this afternoon and got right in and out. That was nice! She got a script for conjunctivitis and as I had also suspected...another ear infection. But, this is the first one since March. If it ends up coming back numerous times, we might have the tubes done. But, if it's just this once, we'll play the waiting game again.

Oh, and they gave us a refill on the eye drops *just in case* REagan gets it :)

9. fourznuff

fourznuff Well-Known Member

Jet had this and the pedi said it was a sinus infection. Because our sinuses are outside our body it is really difficult to get rid of infection. He had to be on antibiotic FOREVER to get rid of it completely! The first time the antibiotic ended he got a (clear) runny nose right away and she said that now they are saying that any (green or clear) runny nose immediatley after the antibiotic is gone means it is still not cleared up.

Good luck,
    Kimberly

10. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got a script to get her healed up! But I have to say- my broccoli and carrots that I was eating isn't so yummy now!

11. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

Hope Morgan feels better soon!!!! :hug99:

12. CapeBretoner_123

CapeBretoner_123 Well-Known Member

Lauren had one of those gross eye infections about a month ago. She was prescribed an anitbiotic...only took a day for it clear up. Its kind of like puss and makes eyes stick shut while sleeping. Poor kid...but YUCK!