Great Deals at the Salvation Army for Toys

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Jul 18, 2009.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

A few months ago they opened up a new location for the Salvation Army Thrift Store. Every now and then I'll go in there to see if I can find anything for the boys.

Today I got this for only $5. It's in perfect condition and they boys love it.

The prices are dirt cheap, plus I feel good shopping there since it's non-profit.

Opps, actually I noticed on the picture that it has legs, mine does not but who cares??

2. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

I need to go there and look. I got some good kiddie books for my step son there a few years ago.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thanks for the heads up Judy! I'll have to look for a Salvation Army store in my area.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I donate a lot of toys to local thrift stores and while I'm there I usually pick up some stuff too! I've gotten great deals as well. No need to buy new when they use toys for such a short period of time :) Plus I feel good that I'm recycling this "plastic cr@p" (as my DH likes to refer to it).

5. Rach1137

Rach1137 Well-Known Member

I love the Salvation Army. It's amazing how much I can get in there and I love that I can get rid of my old stuff there too. I feel like I overbuy while I'm in there, but at least I'm getting a good deal. I'd rather my money went to them instead of toys-r-us or walmart!

6. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I love thrift stores! I haven't gotten much for the boys at them, but we just moved and our new neighborhood is centrally located so we will have lots to explore in the coming months.

7. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

I need to check it out! thanks

8. horizon250

horizon250 Well-Known Member

I have the toy although not from there and I just wanted to tell you it's a great toy!!!