Graduation Announcements, what to do when the twins are there?

Discussion in 'General' started by 8isgreat, May 5, 2008.

1. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

Ok.....granted...I have a LONG ways until the twinners are there....but...in helping my oldest with her graduation announcements....I was wondering about what to do when the twins are there....do they each get there own announcement or, do you put both their names on one? My friend who has identical twins is heading down the both on one idea......

Oh...and my personal opinion....graduation announcements are a pain!!!

2. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

Not only a pain but EXPENSIVE!!!

Forgot that I wasn't the only one going throught the whole "Oldest baby is graduating" thing :wacko: :blink: :cray:

3. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

I agree that they are a pain! Lucky for me it is not traditional where I come from, so we skipped the whole thing! :D

But, if we were to do them, I would probably want to do announcements individually for each of my twins, though I am sure I would scale down the number of them a little. A little careful pruning of the mailing list! ;) Graduation is an individual achievement and I will be trying to make it special for each of them according to his own interests (with or without announcements!).

4. 8isgreat

I agree Renee....but I can see both sides as well......the good things is that I have till 2024 :blink: :wacko: before I have to worry about it....and by then...who knows......everything could be on little electronic gadgets!!! It is nice to see other peoples opinions!!

5. niftywriter

QUOTE(8isgreat @ May 6 2008, 10:38 AM) [snapback]758334[/snapback]
    I agree Renee....but I can see both sides as well......the good things is that I have till 2024 :blink: :wacko: before I have to worry about it....and by then...who knows......everything could be on little electronic gadgets!!! It is nice to see other peoples opinions!!

Graduation holograms!! :laughing:

6. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

What is the point of graduation announcements? I will probably send them next year but every time I get one, I feel like it's a plea for a gift. Maybe it's just me.

7. 8isgreat

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 9 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]763992[/snapback]
    What is the point of graduation announcements? I will probably send them next year but every time I get one, I feel like it's a plea for a gift. Maybe it's just me.

Agreed with you Kim...that is why we only sent to family...mostly and to people locally that we will invite to dd graduation party. I kept it totally at a minimum!! I do not like to ask people for "gifts".

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I just received one for cousin's daughter. I NEVER hear from them but when their kids graduate. I am not sending a gift. :rolleyes:

9. niftywriter

I just received one which makes me both happy and so sad. My daughter's BF and classmate, who is a twinless twin now. Her sister ( and another of Jessie's dear friends ) died in a freak ski accident in February 07.

I don't think this announcement is looking for a gift, but more a sharing with close friends and family. Jess just went for K's 18th birthday dinner a few weeks ago and the family pulls all of their dearest family and friends around for these milestones. They want K to enjoy her birthdays and graduations, and I think they rely on family and friends to help them do that for her, while supporting them and remembering their precious daughter who is gone.

Looking at the announcement I was in tears: So proud of that beautiful young woman who faced one of the worst traumas life can throw at a teen (the loss of a family member- her twin sister) but she somehow kept it together, leaned on her friends, family and her faith to get through a brutally hard year, and is now graduating and going on to college with a scholarship! So sad for another beautiful young woman whose announcement I should also be holding and smiling about.

I think to myself, if I am in tears missing K and thinking of all these times where she should be smiling with that glorious red head glowing in a throng of blonde and brunettes, I can hardly begin to know how her mother and father bear it. :cray: They've been so strong.

Sorry, ladies. Just needed to share that.

10. 8isgreat

:hug99: :hug99: Renee.

11. jazzycat

jazzycat New Member

Please, two announcements. And make sure to get photos of the event with them separately with their own friends and well as with them together. If they want a joint party after, that would be fine though.

However, I'd probably go with what THEY wanted to do.

One of our twins graduated on time, and the other had to go to summer school before he was able to graduate. Because we didn't want to hurt the feelings of the non-graduate twin, we didn't make a big deal of the one who did graduate. 3 years later, it still hurts her that we didn't.

She graduates from college next June. We will make a big deal this time.

Jazzycat Mt. Shasta

Mother of 4,