Graco Quattro Tour Duo vs DuoGlider

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by kristobin, Nov 10, 2009.

?

Which is better?

1. Quattro Tour Duo

72.7%
  2. DuoGlider

27.3%
  1. kristobin

kristobin New Member

I'm expecting triplets in February (identical twins and a fraternal) and am purchasing a double and single stroller. We get discounts on Graco, so I'm going with Graco products only. Does anyone know which is better - the duoGlider or the Quattro Tour Duo? It seems like the duoGlider is lighter weight and maybe has two full seats where the quattro tour is a little more condensed but heavier...any info would be great!

2. My3

My3 Member

We had tough time deciding between Duo Glider and Quattro. The differences are:
    1. Duo Glider weighs 10 lbs less than Quattro.
    2. Quattro folds smaller than the glider. It takes 20% less space than Duo glider when folded.
    3. Duo glider takes upto 40lbs on each seat, where as Quattro takes 40 lbs on one and 50lbs on other seat.
    4. Quattro has extra storage pouches along with lower basket. (Zipped pouches)
    5. Quattro's handles r different than duo glider, you can hang your hand bag.
    6. Duo glider comes in varieties of themes(animals,patterns), unlike solid styles of Quattro.
    7. Duo glider takes both Snugride infant car seat(22lbs) and Snugride 32; where as Quattro takes only Snugride 32 seats.

Note : Not all styles of DuoGliders are same(unlike Quattro). Some styles doesnt have "Lower and Load basket" feature (where you can still access the lower basket when back seat is fully reclined) and some do not have cup holder and snack tray for back seat :( So you better check the model before buying any duoglider.

After going through all these differences, we finally bought Quattro (Bombay).
    FYI, there are limited supply of Quattro as the production is being stopped for the year.(They are coming with new styles in Jan)

3. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I have the quattro and I love it. I know a lot of people that don't like their duo glider...

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

My Quatro, admittedly purchased in very late 2007, takes the Snugrides that only go up to 22 pounds (there was also no Snugride 32 in late 2007). I LOVE the Quatro Tour. In looking at the DuoGliders, I found them to be flimsy, harder to fold, and have less storage space and less accessible storage space. The Quatro is heavy, no question, but it folds and opens one-handed, feels sturdy, and has tons of storage. We have a SBS too, but I love still having the tandem, and 2 years in that thing is still going strong. I can't say enough good things about my Quatro as far as tandem strollers go. Really, the best thing is to go test drive both though. I know there were strollers with great reviews that just didn't work for us at all due to height, walking stride, etc. Good luck!

5. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Duoglider is as stylish as the Quatro but I've loved my Duoglider. It's a great stroller for the price, it's lightweight and easy to steer. The basket underneath holds a lot and I have made use of my cupholder and covered cubby on the handlebar I can't tell you how many times. I did not find ours to be flimsy and I'm a very tough critic when it comes to baby gear. I personally also thought it was easy to fold and lift in and out of the car - heavy means different things to different people and now comparing our Duoglider to our Valco (needed a triple for two toddlers and a newborn), it's super light and portable. I do wish that the back seat reclined all the way like it does in the Quatro but other than that I haven't had any complaints. Happy stroller shopping!

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I loved my Duo Glider until the boys were about 16 months old and 20 lbs. The back seat is just cardboard and started caving in and forward. I do love that they had snack trays and cup holders. I really wish I had gotten the Quatro.

7. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i have the duo glider and am not in love with it but i do like it. it's VERY easy to steer and get in and out of small spaces. it's super easy to snap in the coordinating car seats and go. it is heavy, for me anyways, and a pain to get into the trunk of the car (but it's a taurus so what do you expect). it's very easy to fold and unfold though and takes about 2 minutes to get the kids out of the car and into the stroller once i get it out of the trunk.

i never researched the other stroller. so i can't be of any help there.

8. vyckie72

vyckie72 Well-Known Member

I love our duo glider. It rides very smoothly, and for me it is easy to fold up and put in the back of the van. Alot of times I'm with the boys by myself and if I have to go to the store I can just put the boys carseats in the stroller and run into the store without any problem. And the cup holder get tons of use. We have a side by side jogging stroller that my Dad got us and I do love it, but I can't get in and out of doors very easily or not at all. With my duo glider no problem what so ever.

9. emerel

emerel Active Member

I love my Quattro, it is so easy to put up and down, fits nicely in the back of the van and is SO easy to steer, even one handed. Love the cup holders, the huge basket underneath, and how solid it feels. We have the snugride 32 carseats and they are so easy to attach and detach. I am often alone loading and unloading my twins and this system is nice and simple and quick to use. This stroller and a BOB revolution SBS are my two strollers and both get plenty of use, and the babies do not mind riding in either one.

10. adrianna_hartmann

adrianna_hartmann Active Member

I started with the DuoGlider, but even when my girls were newborn (who didn't weigh much), I found it VERY difficult to steer. We then purchased a Quattro, and I love it sooooo much. It is big, it is bulky, it is heavy...but what do you expect from a solid stroller that's going to tote your kids (and all their truck) around until their 40-50lbers? We ordered our's online and got it for $169, which was the best price I found, and comparable to the usually less expensive duoglider price.

11. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

For our last singleton we had a quattro, I refuse to get rid of it I love it so much but alas our dd is 17 months and we needed a smaller stroller for her to have room in the van for the double twins stroller. To save money we went with the duoglider and although it's adequate it's definitely not as nice as the quattro was. It's just flimsier and not as nice. Ours slightly wobbles already and the babes are only 2 months old, it squeaks too. Oh and DH clipped the handle on the van hatch and the foam on the handlebar ripped super easy. :( Definitely wish we would have gone with the quattro.

I have to say having 3 kids so close together (2 month old twins and a 17 month old who still isn't walking) I dream of having the peg pereggo triplette. If you could afford it I would go with that so you could get out of the house by yourself.