good source for clothes for boy/girl twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommylaura, May 14, 2010.

1. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a company or brand that often produces matching pink/blue outfits? Don't worry - I don't dress my kids alike every day, but from time to time I like them to match. I figure I better do it now while they can't complain :cool:

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I find The Children's Place is pretty good at coordinating outfits for b/g. My twins are boys, but I have Annabella. I will say, I mostly get their outfits matching when it's a holiday-that's when it's the easiest. But I known in the newborn stage, TCP has some similar clothes for b/g.

Carter's brand is pretty good too I believe.

3. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Honestly, since I have had my guys, we have had a pair of sleepers, a sweater and a carters outfit that are the same but in boy/girl colours. And, we didn't buy any of them! Its hard to find coordinating outfits for them eh?!

The sleepers came from Carters.
    The sweaters came from Children's Place
    And the carters outfits were the ones with a monkey and a kitten on the bum.

I think we got long sleeved shirts from the Gap for them as well.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

we have tons of matching stuff from target.

5. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I am a freak and nearly always match my fantastic four - we have lots of Kelly's Kids and Orient Expressed. And it re-sells extremely well on eBay. My oldest is now five, so I figure my days are numbered with the matching ...

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've had some luck at Children's Place, occasionally the Gap, and sometimes Target. Mostly I find if I get both of them the same color (for instance Lila a brown & white dress and Luke a brown & white sweater) even if they aren't from the same store, they look nicely coordinated. I rarely dress mine in coordinated clothing but I like to do it for holidays & special occasions.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I do like Tina, and find coordinating colors/prints. I'll put Rylee in a pink/orange flower dress, and Liam in an orange striped outfit...or something similar. Or both in overalls but Rylee in pink shirt and Liam in blue shirt.

I have two older kids as well, so if I use stripes on Liam, I'll find my older son a striped shirt (even if it's not the same color), and if Rylee has a flower dress, I'll find a flower dress for Kaelyn. That way they are coordinate, but don't necessarily match ;)

8. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

This! :p Very occasionally I'd actually match the twins rather than coordinate and Gymboree had some cute stuff. They had these hawaiian print outfits that were adorable! Kayci had the dress with bloomers, Erick had a button up one piece collared shorts outfit and they both had a sunhat in the matching print. So stinkin' cute! But on the average day they just wore whatever and if we were going out I tried to coordinate all five. Now it's good day if they all have on clean clothes when we go somewhere! :eek: (they are almost 5 to 12.5 now)

9. angieb1979

angieb1979 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you have a Kohls but I've noticed that they have some matching outfits there too. The Kohls brand is called Jumping Beans and they have coordinating stuff. They have shelves now of matching shirts and shorts (many to choose from) and I think they are all 2 for 10?? Good deals if you ask me. You can find a lot of in-season clothes on the clearance racks too. We go about every Thur to check out the clearance :)

10. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

Gymboree had a ton of matching boy/girl stuff when my ODD was born (2007).

But they haven't done too many matching lines since then.

If you are looking for matching b/g things, search Ebay for the following Gymboree lines:

Summer Stuff:

Prairie Ranch

Cote D'Azure

Monkey Island

Fall/Winter Stuff:

My Little Tree House

Teenie Weenie Puppies

How Does Your Garden Grow

My First Pet

Colorful Village

Such cute matching stuff for boys and girls!

11. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

I guess finding good clothes for boy/girl twins can be a hard, but there are some great options out there. You can try checking out local stores that carry a variety of kids' clothing or shop online for more asortment. I've come across some stitch fix reviews that mention they offer kids' clothing as well, which could be convenient for getting outfits styled and delivered right to your door. Matching outfits or coordinating colors can be fun, but it's also nice to find individual styles for each of them. It's all about finding what works best for both kids!