good songs for kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by naomi02, Jul 30, 2010.

1. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

DD just loves listening to her ipod....it helps her sleep, actually. I was looking for some new songs for her & would like some suggestions. She really loves Shirley Temple, Taylor Swift & Hannah Montana. Although, with Miley's latest stuff I kinda want to steer away from that...not really what I want for my 4 yr old.

Any suggestions?

2. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

Mine like to listen to ipods at bedtime too. We do children's music - disney songs, the wiggles, lullabies, etc...

3. Cindy H

Cindy H Well-Known Member

It is not in the same category as Hannah, but all my kids love Veggie tale songs and Laurie Berkner CDs. Very kid friendly. Even addicting stick in your head lyrics!

Cindy

4. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I was also going to suggest The Laurie Berkner Band.

5. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We are also fans of Laurie Berkner. DS loves listening to Carrie Underwood. :pardon:

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

After a friend suggested it to us, we picked up a copy of Barenaked Ladies- Snacktime. My kids love it!! It is a great cd of kids songs by them, but very much like their entertaining adult songs.

7. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Just thought I would add....

C&B fell asleep listening to Enya last night. It is very relaxing music.

Mo- I like Barenaked ladies. We'll have to check out this 'snacktime' cd. :good:

8. Username

Username Well-Known Member

My kids love to listen to musicals. Little Orphan Annie, mary poppins, The sound of music. They like it even more if they've seen the musicals.

:youcandoit: - totally unrelated, but keeps my son happy because he wants me to "put some stuff in" while he looks over my shoulder. :laughing: :clapping: :girl_devil: